Help finding an issue I was published in

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
JohnH

Help finding an issue I was published in

Post by JohnH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm

:D

Hi there, I don't know if this is a forlorn hope or it just might be possible.

I had a small type in listing for the beeb published in a magazine waaaaay back when! It was published I think in one of the weeklys, a non machine specific one, I think, in my name, John Henson. I think the mag liked it because it made listings with embeded teletext codes easy to print out/type in. It hooked into something like OSWRCH and looked out for the codes for the telext codes you could get from the F keys and replaced outputing those with [fx] where x was the F key number. It was good for printing listings to send off to mags but that was it.

I would've been 16-ish at the time and only just got my beeb and it was one of the first assembler progs I wrote. I think it would be just ace if I could find this article again, even if only a scan of it exists. It's the only time I've ever been published in my life (except for some very dodgy quality PD software).

Can anyone help me get started with my search? I've done the obvious google but that only led to various PD archives with the aforesaid dodgy progs.

I can't even think of all the titles from back then.

Personal Popular Computer Weekly?
My Computer Weekly?

Those are all I can come up with. Are there any full text archives anywhere I could search or point me towards any scanned image archives to look through. My Beeb was an 1.2OS I think so that my narrow down they year to start searching from maybe?

[Edit]
It might have been a monthly, I've found Your Computer magazine on Archive.org and their Fingertips section would have been an ideal place to submit to and publish such a short programme to. I think the blurb i sent in, which they mostly published verbatim, was longer than the code.

Unfortunately the text does not seem to have been OCR'd.

leenew

Re: Help finding an issue I was published in

Post by leenew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Any of these John? http://bbcmicro.co.uk/index.php?rt_R=&r ... son&sort=b
If not, I will look through my notes in the morning.
I have gone through most of the mags and made a note of all the missing games I could find...

*Edit* I actually read your post properly and found it wasn't a game that you wrote.
It may be tricky to find it as there were more mags than you probably remember.
I was surprised by the number of almost identically named mags.

Lee

JohnH

Re: Help finding an issue I was published in

Post by JohnH » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 pm

You are quite right, it will be a challenge but I'd like to give it a try, but in an organised way that reduce searching least likely places if possible.