TechnoCAD by Technomatic

request software or documentation that you can't find online
Pernod

TechnoCAD by Technomatic

Post by Pernod » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:13 pm

I believe I have the ROM images from the TechnoCAD cartridge, it's Master only. But I don't think it's useful without a System disc that came with it.

Anyone have the TechnoCAD System disc? It's ADFS so would hope for a 640K ADL image.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

RobC

Re: TechnoCAD by Technomatic

Post by RobC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Bit of a late reply but I have this if you're still looking for it.

Pernod

Post by Pernod » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:44 pm

RobC wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:40 pm
Bit of a late reply but I have this if you're still looking for it.
Yes please. I think what I have is a demo version that they produced, so dumps and photos of what you have should help clarify things.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

RobC

Post by RobC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:45 pm

Okay - pretty sure I have a good backup disk as well as the original and a copy on a hard drive. The manual is about 70 pages I think.

I'll try to get it done this week (along with the Master Replay manual). Time has been in short supply recently...

RobC

Post by RobC » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:28 pm

I know this is very late but I was backing up my DC hard drive tonight and realised that I had Technocad installed on it.

Here's an ADFS disk image with the TCAD folder on it - it should work but I haven't tested it. (I'd have imaged the floppy if I had a convenient way of doing so...)
Attachments
Technocad.zip
(114.35 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Pernod

Post by Pernod » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:15 pm

RobC wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:28 pm
I know this is very late but I was backing up my DC hard drive tonight and realised that I had Technocad installed on it.
Thanks, but doesn't work. I'd rather have an image of the original floppy than have to hack at this to get it to work. It needs everything moving from the TCAD directory to root, and there's a reference to $.TCAD.Programs that needs correcting. The readme also states that both disc and ROM versions must match, so also need the ROMs dumping.
- Nigel

RobC

Post by RobC » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Here's an interleaved dump of the Technocad system disk. I believe it to be correct as doing a round-trip with JGH's DiskToImg and ImgToDisk resulted in a new working system disk.

I've also dumped the two ROM images which would usually be in two of the four cartridge slots (i.e. 0-3) using a ROM dumping utility. They can't be used in the sideways RAM slots on the M128 as Technocad apparently uses all four banks itself.

I tried running the whole thing in BeebEm but it gave an error - I don't know whether this is because the ROMs haven't dumped correctly, if it's an emulation issue or if the cartridge uses a PAL etc. I'll try dumping the ROMs using some other routine when I get a chance.
Attachments
TC2.zip
(211.64 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Return to “archive requests”