Aztecs & Time Detectives

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
ARandomDave

Aztecs & Time Detectives

Post by ARandomDave » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi all,

Recently I've been lusting after playing two educational games I remember playing in an IT lesson some years ago, "Aztecs" and "Time Detectives - The Victorians" by Sherston Software.

I managed to find a demo for Aztecs and was disappointed when it ended. I've been keeping my eye out on eBay (despite prices..) but haven't seen either pop up. Its sad really, as I'm sure so many copies were thrown in the bin when they were ripped out and replaced with Windows machines.

Thanks in advance!

ARandomDave

Re: Aztecs & Time Detectives

Post by ARandomDave » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:01 pm

After much waiting, I have been able to source "Time Detectives - The Victorians" - complete with all literature from eBay.

Even better, I have been able to image the disks using fluxengine, with the exception of one sector on disk 1 - the key disk. Application and fonts installed just fine, but the program wont load - reporting "Please put the Victorians startup disc in drive 0". fluxengine copies the data anyway, where it can, ignoring things like the CRC check.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to get this running in RPCEmu? - I've spent ages trying to get to this point and any help would be greatly received.
Last edited by ARandomDave on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ARandomDave

Re: Aztecs & Time Detectives

Post by ARandomDave » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:10 pm

*bump*

If I uploaded the disk images somewhere, would someone mind trying them with a physical Acorn to determine if the images themselves are good (and perhaps it's just the emulation later)

Thanks in advance