If anyone is interested, please try it and report back bugs, annoyances, recommendations, spelling, grammar etc. I’m aware the text needs another read through by me for consistency, but I wanted to get it out before the evening’s virtual ABUG meeting.
The struck through notes below applied to the original 6502 implementation, what remains still applies in the rewrite.
A few points:
- It’s for a Master 128 only and requires all 4 banks of SW RAM. There won’t be a Model B version; I’ve used 65SC12 specific instructions.
- You have SAVE and LOAD as well as RAMSAVE and RAMLOAD.
- Use VERBS to get a list of implemented verbs and abbreviations.
- Objects may be disambiguated using optional adjectives, although there are only a couple of instances in the game where this is useful.
- It starts up in 80 column mode, but once you’ve read the blurb, you can switch to 40 column mode using the CO40 command.
- Despite the identity of the protagonist, it’s not suitable for children.
- It doesn't use a fixed number of characters to match words. You will need to enter sufficient characters (at least 3) to uniquely identify words. There is at least once instance where you'll have to use the full word.