Technodream on emulation

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
arakeen

Technodream on emulation

Post by arakeen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi,

I'm keen to have another go through Technodream after 20+ years. Unfortunately I don't have any working Acorn hardware to use/extract my original disks and the copy protection is defeating me in emulation.

I've seen that an updated version has been available on CD with Nevryon from Matthew Thompson - he hasn't been active here for a while though, and I'm not yet approved to send PMs.

So, I have a few requests, one of which will hopefully get me going with this:

Does anyone know if Matthew Thompson is still supplying these CDs (whether physical or digital), and have alternative contact details?
Has anyone previously purchased one of the CDs and is willing to part with it (second hand purchase for at/around original price)?
Slightly grey area - does someone have working JFDs which they could supply offline (further proof of my ownership can be provided)?

(As I can't send or reply to PMs I'll need another way to get back to anyone who is able to help).

Thank you.
TechnodreamBoxDiscs.jpg

arakeen

Re: Technodream on emulation

Post by arakeen » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks for the PM, sorry but still can't reply directly. Thanks for clearing up the situation, I think I must have misunderstood things (gleaned from various sources across this board and elsewhere).

MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am

I have dug out this re-issue version I have , it was the original Superior packaging, but instead of the discs came with a ProAction CD-ROM which also contains the BBC version of Nevryon.

This version of Technodream does not require any floppy discs and runs perfectly on my ARMX6 (RISC OS 5.27) running in Acorn RISC OS 3 legacy mode.

I have attached a picture of what the product looks like and a picture of the game running on my ARMX6 .

Whether David Bradforth at ProAction still has any copies of this still available I don't know. I think he's still active in the RISC OS world in some capacity. But this is the version you need to run under emulation as it doesn't need any floppy discs to run.
Attachments
TD.jpg

MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 am

the game running on ARMX6 (legacy mode - not the best picture but you can see it running)
Attachments
TDARM.jpg

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”