Haunted House help

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
sgb27

Haunted House help

Post by sgb27 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Finally got around to imaging a load of my old floppies, many have succumb to disc errors, but managed to get Haunted House ok.

When I was younger I remember getting stuck in the cellar rooms, so thought I'd give it another shot now. However I can't even get inside the house, all I've done is unlocked the gate, got the worms to eat the wood off the front door, and played the song on the bottles (which doesn't seem to have done anything) and I vaguely remember having to put the planter on the drain cover but that doesn't seem to have done anything either so maybe I'm just misremembering that. I'm sure I need to fill the watering can up with water and use it with the weedkiller, but I've tried for hours try to get any water out of the water butt and into the bucket with no luck! It's just frustrating now!

Please can someone give me a small hint how to move forwards, otherwise I'm just giving up without having really got started!

sirbod

Re: Haunted House help

Post by sirbod » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:23 pm

Inside the shed, take the fertiliser and drop it in the watering can. Go outside, close the shed door, drop the watering can on the water butt.

You need the fertiliser in it, before it will accept water :roll:

sgb27

Post by sgb27 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:16 am

Thanks, I had tried that once or twice, but I obviously hadn't got the packet in exactly the right pixel location to make it work! 50 tries later and it worked...

sirbod

Post by sirbod » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Yes, you need to be pixel perfect with this game in various areas otherwise you end up having to restart the game.

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”