Codecraft#4 - A Call to the ARMs

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
Kuemmel

Codecraft#4 - A Call to the ARMs

Post by Kuemmel »

342 posts
Hi there !

I’m proud to announce Codecraft#4 …after 20 years in the dust I thought it’s time to revive that online compo in the same style it was done already 3 times. I still see some people around participating back then (Hi Jeffrey, Rick, …:-) ).

To promote it I released an invitro at this years Revision Demo party just now. The link to the pouet entry is here or directly to the youtube link here . It’s a 4 part 1 KByte intro with music and should run on RPi3/4. It’s called “A Call to the ARMs”.

The compo categories are 256 Byte Intro/Game, 1 KByte Intro/Game, 2 KByte Tool, 4 KByte Intro/Game. Anything goes…any RISC OS platform, oldschool or newschool…now you got 6 months to create your entry.

Check out the compo website here …it also includes links the 3 previous editions.
kieranhj

Re: Codecraft#4 - A Call to the ARMs

Post by kieranhj »

Haha! Amazing to see you’re bring your ARM only compo back after all this time! 8) Sizecoding oldskool ARM2 is pretty tough without THUMB but we’ll be there. :D
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/
SarahWalker

Post by SarahWalker »

Nice! Good to see the Arc/RO scene grinding back to life - thought it would just be me for ages :)
Kuemmel

Post by Kuemmel »

Yeah, I count on you both :D !...also due to your recent Archmiedes releases I thought it's a good time...and when I looked in the calender and saw...it's a 20 years anniversary I started coding my invitro last year...so now or never :D Nice BBC releases from you, by the way !
Kuemmel

Post by Kuemmel »

Hi Sarah and Kieran, or anybody here who could help,...

I was wondering if you would know/have contact to any sceners of the 90's demoscene (The Nutters, Kulture, DFI (Paul Johnson), BASS,...) ? Or may be some are active even on StarDot ?

I'm trying to spread the word a bit more, as I guess most of them are not active in any way, but may be still would be interested in coding something :-)

P.S.: @Sarah: Regarding this I sent you an email to your BBC Emu site email address some days ago, as I didn't have any other mail address, but may be you didn't get it.
steve3000

Post by steve3000 »

Kuemmel wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am
I was wondering if you would know/have contact to any sceners of the 90's demoscene (The Nutters, Kulture, DFI (Paul Johnson), BASS,...) ? Or may be some are active even on StarDot ?
Not sure how many are here, but I do remember those were good days of late night coding crazyness. :wink:

If the deadline is October, I hope I can find time between now and then to pull together a rather unique 4kb intro for ARM2.
kieranhj

Post by kieranhj »

Kuemmel wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 am
Hi Sarah and Kieran, or anybody here who could help,...

I'm trying to spread the word a bit more, as I guess most of them are not active in any way, but may be still would be interested in coding something :-)
Ahhh, alas I was never really in the Acorn scene BITD - I never progressed my skills beyond a few dodgy scrolltexts until after I'd moved to PC later in the 90's, so never knew any of the groups. I did contact the author of Transmortal last year, who was happy to know that I'd loved the demo on my A3000, but made it clear they had no current interest in ARM/retro coding.
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/
Kuemmel

Post by Kuemmel »

Hi there...just a reminder...only 3 weeks until deadline...I guess you all work heavily on some entries, right ;-) ?
SarahWalker

Post by SarahWalker »

Already done mine!

Return to “other events + general event chat”