All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
jbnbeeb

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH.

Post by jbnbeeb »

Added 1024MAK and KarateEd.
..I'll be at the Virtual Acorn meetup for Cambridge Computer Museum May 16th 2020
myelin

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH.

Post by myelin »

I'll try to join in from Saturday morning Pacific Time, which probably means from 6-7pm or so!
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.
DaveLecky

Post by DaveLecky »

I’d love to pop in.......not sure of the time yet though.

Dave
Electron Plus 3 and plus 1, AP6 and Home made MMFS PP SD interface
Electron Plus 1 Pres AP3/4
Beeb issue 7 with IFEL 16 socket Rom/Ram board
Master 128, BooBip multi OS,IFEL SD card
StrongA RPC, A3020
Atom
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

I was really looking forward to making the trip from The Netherlands to Cambridge, but I guess this is the next best thing :mrgreen:

I expect to dip in and out during the whole day, mostly lurking.
Current projects: porting Mountain Panic to the Acorn Electron, coding Elk demo effects in 6502 asm, etc.

Thanks for organising this!
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
markjw

Post by markjw »

please add me as well, thanks Mark
klintworth

Post by klintworth »

Yes please, Pacific Time Zone so pm - thanks! Paul :D
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+, A3020, Valiant Turtle (sans IR Communicator!)
sydney

Post by sydney »

Please put me on the list.
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

Hi
added myelin (what's your first name?) , DaveLecky, 0XC0DE, markjw and sydney!

0XC0DE... would you like to present your WIP of Mountain Panic or your other amazing Electron work?

Thanks,
Jason
..I'll be at the Virtual Acorn meetup for Cambridge Computer Museum May 16th 2020
myelin

Post by myelin »

jbnbeeb wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 pm
added myelin (what's your first name?) , DaveLecky, 0XC0DE, markjw and sydney!
I'm Phil :) (http://myelin.nz)
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

jbnbeeb wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 7:39 pm
0XC0DE... would you like to present your WIP of Mountain Panic or your other amazing Electron work?
Thank you for your interest and for asking me! But this meetup I am just going to attend without presenting anything.
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

0xC0DE wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:47 pm
Thank you for your interest and for asking me! But this meetup I am just going to attend without presenting anything.
That's what I said for the previous one :lol:
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Pernod wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 10:24 pm
That's what I said for the previous one :lol:
True 'dat! :lol:
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk
frankc

Post by frankc »

I would like to attend over the course of the day.
The presentations are my main interest.
Regards
Frank C.
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

frankc wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:18 pm
I would like to attend over the course of the day.
The presentations are my main interest.
Regards
Frank C.
Added you frankc
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

HI,
a gentle reminder that Jason FItzpatrick will be in attendance (actually on site at the museum) .. and he's happy to fetch items from the archive to show us in the Zoom meeting.

If you're interested in any particular items, please take a look at the museum search function, and click through to an item your interested in, note the archive number starting "CH" at the bottom of the page and post it here.

The search function is in the top right of the page here:
http://www.computinghistory.org.uk

Thanks,
Jason
Matt Godbolt

Post by Matt Godbolt »

Would love to join from Chicago (6 hours behind); probably 6pmish UK time onwards!
helpful

Post by helpful »

I will drop in from 2pm ish, mostly just lurking as a blank square in the corner of the screen again, but will pop up if I have anything helpful to contribute :-)
RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/
scarybeasts

Post by scarybeasts »

Hi,

Dave invited me to do a beebjit talk in the 8pm slot -- and it would be my pleasure. I might also briefly cover some HFE and preservation work I've been doing, particularly where there's overlap with beebjit.

I'll need the login details when they're available -- thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

Hi All,

- approx times you think you'll be online. => That will be after 11:00 due to the online virtual member's counsel meeting from the Big Ben Club. Any international requests for the next annual day 2021 ?. After in and out
- if you're working on any projects and I'll put a short description next to your name below . => Working on 2nd serial port for the raspberry pi and Bluetooth stack.
- if you'd like to do a project talk/presentation (will PM you to arrange a slot) => Not at this moment.
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

Matt Godbolt wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:06 am
Would love to join from Chicago (6 hours behind); probably 6pmish UK time onwards!
:D
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

It will be amazing to have all of you join us!
I will update the top post tomorrow..
Arcadian has been going gangbusters behind the scenes to make this a blockbuster virtual meet up.. More to be revealed over coming days.

Thanks
Jason
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

MattGodbolt, helpful, scarybeasts, TimoHartong added.
I'll need the login details when they're available -- thanks in advance.

Cheers
Chris
..I'll PM everyone on the list with the ZOOM meeting details; likely the day before the meetup.

Thanks
Jason
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

All, Arcadian has rustled up a great schedule for the event ..

Please take a look at the updated top post and click on the slide to enlarge.

Thankyou to all those who've kindly signed up for doing their talks and thankyou to Arcadian, JudgeBeeb and Sydney for all their ongoing help.
SarahWalker

Post by SarahWalker »

Will probably drop in for at least some of this.
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

Can I also put a link in the Acorn related facebook groups ?. If supporting the museum is important than PR also is
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

This is something we've regularly discussed internally but we're still taking the decision not to advertise virtual ABug meetings on Facebook at the moment.

We're only just getting to grips with the format ourselves and already we're seeing higher numbers of participants than we'd expected.

Not sure we're ready for a potential influx from Facebook yet (aren't there several thousand in that group?) :lol:

I'm confident we'll get our highest ever numbers so far at the 'Cambridge' event as it is, purely through listing it on Stardot.

We intend to record some of the talks (subject to the individual presenters' permission) hence when the videos are online the links could be shared on Facebook then, together with the link to the museum's Just Giving page.
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

I do apologize I missed that discussion then I will leave as it is.
kieranhj

Post by kieranhj »

Hello all. Looking forward to the virtual meet up and sharing some of the interesting stuff we did to make our 3D demo for the BBC. I’m hoping to attend for most of the afternoon and into the evening.
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

TimoHartong wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:13 pm
I do apologize I missed that discussion then I will leave as it is.
Ah sorry I should have specified, we've discussed it internally/privately - so you wouldn't have known this. I've just updated my reply to clarify.
KenLowe

Post by KenLowe »

Please sign me up. I'll be mainly lurking, but available on / off throughout the day to discuss any of my hardware projects:

Integra-B
SCSI host adaptor
1MHz and Tube level shifters
PAL based ROM boards

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”