Doom?

new games to be launched and discussed here
RobC

Re: Doom?

Post by RobC » Tue May 21, 2019 5:36 pm

CraigsBar wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 pm
Yeah, I have a datacentre fitted already. Will be ordering a VideoNuLA on payday! Then doom on a beeb, yay!
Great - do contact me on here rather than buying one on eBay as it'll be cheaper...

Muddyfunster

Post by Muddyfunster » Fri May 24, 2019 1:56 pm

RobC wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:36 pm
CraigsBar wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 pm
Yeah, I have a datacentre fitted already. Will be ordering a VideoNuLA on payday! Then doom on a beeb, yay!
Great - do contact me on here rather than buying one on eBay as it'll be cheaper...
RobC, I'd love to know more about getting a VideoNuLA for my master but I can't PM you as I'm too new to the boards. I already have a Datacenter installed and would love to try this Doom port.

is there much soldering involved with the VideoNuLA?

RobC

Post by RobC » Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Muddyfunster wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:56 pm
is there much soldering involved with the VideoNuLA?
You usually have to desolder the original ULA on a Master but, if you don't fancy doing it yourself, I offer a free desoldering service. You just have to post the PCB to me and cover return postage. Alternatively, if you're anywhere near Newport, South Wales, you can just bring it to me and I'll fit the VideoNuLA while you wait.

Let me know if you're still interested and I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Cheers,

Rob

Muddyfunster

Post by Muddyfunster » Mon May 27, 2019 2:08 pm

Rob, that sounds great, I'd really like to take advantage of your soldering offer as my skills with a soldering iron are right up with my knowledge of brain surgery.

I'm not close to Newport but I do go to Cardiff now and again visiting a client down that way. I'd rather bring you the machine than trust the board to a courier.

If you can pm me your email address maybe we can work out the logistics of when it's convenient for you (and how much the upgrade is etc.).

Thanks!