killer gorilla

feedback, questions and discussion relating to www.bbcmicro.co.uk
kingers

killer gorilla

Post by kingers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 pm

dear all , only just joined, and could not find out the answer to this question, :
i can seem to go left and right (ZX) on my mac pro , but can not go up or down , mainly on Killer Gorilla
any advice most welcome

mr-macrisc

Re: killer gorilla

Post by mr-macrisc » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Probs need to do a key remap in the emulator due to the keys beeb usually uses for up and down

kingers

Post by kingers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:48 pm

hi
many thanks for the reply,

i don't have an Emulator , i was just using the "play" option from; bbcmicro.co.uk etc .
do i need to download specific program to run these games , i see Beebem ? a lot .

regs

lurkio

Post by lurkio » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:51 pm

kingers wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 pm
dear all , only just joined, and could not find out the answer to this question, : i can seem to go left and right (ZX) on my mac pro , but can not go up or down , mainly on Killer Gorilla ... any advice most welcome
Hi. Unfortunately our version of JSBeeb (the in-browser BBC Micro emulator) is out of date and that may be the reason for your keyboard problems.

But please note that the asterisk key (the “up” key) should be located in the same position it would be in on an original BBC Micro keyboard.

If you still can't get the keys to work properly, then try using the Firefox browser.

If Firefox doesn't help, then you'll probably have to use a desktop emulator such as BeebEm or b2.

For further info, see:
:idea:

kingers

Post by kingers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm

many thanks, ill try the emulator,
regs

lurkio

Post by lurkio » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:01 pm

kingers wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm
many thanks, ill try the emulator,
I'd try Firefox first.

caspian

Post by caspian » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 pm

lurkio had another suggestion at viewtopic.php?f=51&t=17942&p=257002&hil ... on#p255156

There's another web version, you replace "jsbeeb" with "jsbeebng" in the address. And if you get a broken image overlay, add "&noborder":

http://bbcmicro.co.uk//jsbeebng/play.ph ... d&noborder

It works for me.

In the original:

http://bbcmicro.co.uk//jsbeeb/play.php? ... orilla.ssd

I had to use the tilde / back tick key to the left of the number keys to move up on this computer (also using a Mac)

lurkio

Post by lurkio » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:16 pm

caspian wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 pm
lurkio had another suggestion at [link] There's another web version, you replace "jsbeeb" with "jsbeebng" in the address. And if you get a broken image overlay, add "&noborder": [link] It works for me. In the original: [link] I had to use the tilde / back tick key to the left of the number keys to move up on this computer (also using a Mac)
Have you tried Firefox? I'm on a Mac, and the original unedited Play URL for Killer Gorilla works fine for me in Firefox: the "up" key is the apostrophe key.

[EDITed to compress links in quote]
Last edited by lurkio on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:40 pm

kingers wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 pm
i can seem to go left and right (ZX) on my mac pro , but can not go up or down , mainly on Killer Gorilla
On my UK macbook air, up/down is quote and slash. (Edit: two keys to the right of L and three keys to the right of M)

But I know my machine does have some odd keycodes which are not expected by some emulation software. If you can plug in a USB keyboard you might have more luck with that.

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:13 am

I should add, Firefox and Chrome seem to handle the keyboard differently. So try different browsers.

caspian

Post by caspian » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:49 pm

lurkio wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:16 pm
caspian wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 pm
lurkio had another suggestion at [link] There's another web version, you replace "jsbeeb" with "jsbeebng" in the address. And if you get a broken image overlay, add "&noborder": [link] It works for me. In the original: [link] I had to use the tilde / back tick key to the left of the number keys to move up on this computer (also using a Mac)
Have you tried Firefox? I'm on a Mac, and the original unedited Play URL for Killer Gorilla works fine for me in Firefox: the "up" key is the apostrophe key.

[EDITed to compress links in quote]
I hadn't tried it until now, yes in Firefox those keys work for me (with the original link)

Return to “the complete BBC games archive”