Astroblaster updated

feedback, questions and discussion relating to the Complete BBC Games Archive (beta site now open!)
pau1ie

Astroblaster updated

Post by pau1ie » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Tricky pointed out that we didn't have the latest version of Astroblaster. I uploaded it - better late than never!

Aparrently the latest version works better with jsbeeb. I just gave it a quick test, and it seems OK.

pau1ie

Re: Astroblaster updated

Post by pau1ie » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Oops, that is the wrong one. I fixed that one and updated the correct astroblaster.
Last edited by pau1ie on Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tricky

Post by tricky » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks, I think it was a timing thing!

tricky

Post by tricky » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:37 am

I added support for the speech chip when you have the Watford Electronics 12 ROM board with RAM, but requires BASIC and the DFS to be on the ROM board. Doesn't change anything else, so probably not very interesting, but it means all my Bs can play with speech.
Attachments
AstroBlaster.ssd
Speech chip + Watford Electronics 12 ROM board
(78.25 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

pixelblip

Post by pixelblip » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:59 pm

That's super.......well done Tricky.......Astroblaster is an absolute classic if you ask me. Thanks so much.

I can see myself at the arcade in 1981 now playing it. That speech on the game is like something out of 'Colussus The Forbin Project'...the whole game was so mindblowing and the baddies fiendishly difficult.......and the colour in the game......cor!
Last edited by pixelblip on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tricky

Post by tricky » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:52 am

Thanks,
I keep meaning to go back and finish it of by correcting the behavior of the clusters of four and adding docking. They would only be on the speech version, but I just keep putting it off.
I also keep putting off adding a simultaneous two player coop mode to carnival.
Last edited by tricky on Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

leenew

Post by leenew » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 am

tricky wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:52 am
Thanks,
I keep meaning to go back and finish it of by correcting the behavior of the clusters of four and adding docking. They would only be on the speech version, but I just keep putting it off.
I also keep putting off adding a simultaneous two player coop mode to carnival.
Hi Tricky,
I was just wondering if you work better alone, or do you think having a coding "partner" would help motivate you?
Where are you based? and do you think you could get any work done at one of the ABug meetings?

Just thoughts! :D

Thanks for all the hard work so far 8)

Lee.

tricky

Post by tricky » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Gil and I did make some good progress together when we were working on Jeltron BITD.
I don't think I would want to inflict my ASM on another human being (one massive un-commented mess!).
I'm in Hertfordshire!
I have taken my laptop to most of the ABUG meetups and at one I deleted three instructions to fix a bug and another I wrote a "function" only to find a near identical copy already in the code when I got home, other than that I don't get around to writing a single line!
I've been plodding on with MoonPatrol but have just realised that I have over optimised it, in that I have about ten different sprite routines already and haven't added the aliens yet!