Thread for "zero post" users

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the *. forums
admin

Thread for "zero post" users

Post by admin » Thu May 18, 2006 6:22 pm

As a security measure, I will be deleting all "zero post" accounts from the forum.

I intend to do this over the coming weekend (May 20th-21st). If you wish to retain your account but HAVE YET TO MAKE ANY POSTS, please log into your account and post a message in this thread.

It would be very useful if you could explain a little about your interest in our forum/website.

Thanks for your cooperation and apologies for any inconvenience.

Clarywary

please don't remove my account

Post by Clarywary » Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi

I'm 28yrs old and my first computer was an Acorn Electron when I was 7 I have loved that computer ever since.
I trawl carboots, Ad's in local papers and Auction sites for acorn bits and pieces I have a few games and a rom of my fave game ever Hopper.

I also collect other computers i.e spectrum, BBC, Commadore which I must sort out and catalogue.

As for my interest in your forum/website I just find it so cool and like catching up on what you guys do.

Clare xxx

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Thu May 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Thanks Clare, you've convinced me that you definitely AREN'T a spambot! ;)

Good luck with the car booting, and make sure you let us know if you discover any ultra-ultra rare BBC/Electron stuff on your travels!

arsalank2

Post by arsalank2 » Fri May 19, 2006 6:09 am

Acorn Electron Basic was the first computer I used since 1989. I am currently using its emulator to play good old games, like Hopper, Arcadians, Boxer ...

The White Rabbit

Post by The White Rabbit » Fri May 19, 2006 6:31 am

A couple of months ago I tried to post on the forum but I couldn't remember my username and password or I got them right but they didn't work any more, so I had to create another account. I have made a note of this one and hope this message keeps it active.

gwood1234

Account Verify

Post by gwood1234 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:29 am

This is just a reply to confirm I want my account to stay active!

garfilth

verify

Post by garfilth » Fri May 19, 2006 8:58 am

Hi,
I am Garfilth, sorry for not posting sooner.

I am a 29 year old male and Acorn user.

I have been using the Acorn since I was about 5. It was the first computer i ever owned. I am using the emulator to play some of my favourite games which include...

Crystal Castles
Strykers Run
Codename Droid.

Also i am playing the roms of games I never owned as a child.
I hope to make some friends here as well, as i am the only Acorn user where I live( I think).

heres to happy Acorning. :twisted:

P.S.

Have to add that I have installed the emulator on my Mothers PC as she is a huge Repton fan. We only had the first three games when I was a kid, but now we have them all. And she loves them, so do I.
I am the man in the shadows.

CMcDougall

Re: please don't remove my account

Post by CMcDougall » Fri May 19, 2006 9:46 am

Clarywary wrote:xxx
Thanx :lol:

Good this bit actually, get people out of the woodwork, and get more involved :wink: . Instead of lurking/leeching in the background :evil:
ImageImageImage

Tony1044

A bit about me...

Post by Tony1044 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:52 pm

I'm 32 and work as an IT consultant.

My first computer was when I was 13yo - an Atari but it had a faulty tape-drive and my Dad took it back and paid an extra tenner (which was actually quite a struggle for him to find at the time) and bought me an electron.

Then I saved up for about two years to buy a second hand BBC B.

I was never any good at programming, but I did know what practically every electronic component did and later after I studied electrical and electronic engineering how it did it! lol

I found this site about 4/5 years ago and made a donation - must make another one really.

Work commitments sometimes mean I don't get any web-time that isn't work related and bone-idleness stopped me from changing my login when the old forums were canned!!

But I hope to be around a bit more now and a bit more active too.

Take care folks

Tony

cellarmation

Post by cellarmation » Fri May 19, 2006 3:16 pm

I dont know if i have posted before or not but i might as well say why i come to stairway to hell anyway!

I use stairway to hell to get disk images of BBC B games. I was originally given a BBC as a child and have always loved them since. I dont use stairway to hell much these days because i very quickly found and downloaded all the games i used to have, and have no real urge to expand my collection. I also love the section of the website with mp3 files of the theme tunes of some games.

Best Games : Repton, Perplexity, Pipe Mania & Survivors

trooper/osg

Post by trooper/osg » Sun May 21, 2006 8:58 am

I was going around on the hunt, as I'm looking for some information on programming and cross development, and I thought this would be a good place to look.

I've been into 8 bit machines for a few years now, and the BBC Master was one that broke me into it when I was in senior school (writting a program for the IT Teacher to retrieve students lost passwords of the network) and ain't looked back since.

Really like this site, and what I've managed to see around the forum.

Keep it up..

Regards.
Don't Jump, if ya do, you'll only fall and hurt yaself!

grubb

Electron Fever

Post by grubb » Sun May 21, 2006 9:29 am

I'm posting to make sure that I don't fall off the list, even though I have posted.

Owned an Electron since 83', fired it up a couple of weeks ago and found the poor thing to be dead. :cry:

The forum has given me a tip to get her running again, but if it doesn't work I'm still going to get another from Ebay so I can load my old games up again. An emulator is great, but you can't beat the real thing.

Ian. :wink:

popboy

Post by popboy » Sun May 21, 2006 10:39 pm

um can't remember if i have posted here before or not... would have been a while ago i think... so here goes :)

(just as well i checked my old email... it's reminded me to update my contact details now lol!)

edit: phew 3rd post now... was safe anyway!!

fenton

G'Day

Post by fenton » Mon May 22, 2006 9:43 am

I started on the old BBC when I was teaching in Australia's southern most state of Tasmania back in 1982.

I bought a RISCPC 600 and upgraded it to the StrongArm. I still have an old BBC Model B, a BBC Master 128 and a huge Winchester hard drive.

The old Model B software was superb for teaching certain skills and todays kids seem too caught up in the Micro$oft hype to learn any real skills. It was easy to program, easy to create directories and undertand the simple command line OS commands.

Anyhow I could write forever. Long live the BBC.

David :-)
Brisbane, Australia

tusko

Post by tusko » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:13 am

I'm just making a post in case I haven't already.

Moist_Mog

Post by Moist_Mog » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:07 am

Hmm... really should check the other forums more often :)

My first computer was a BBC B in about 1983 or 1984 and I didn't get an Archie (an A3010 to be exact) until 1992... so a few years after the BBC games scene had pretty much died out. Sadly, the Archie games scene was on its way out by then as well so eventually I got my first PC in 1996... never did get a Risc PC as all the decent games were PC only!

Still got my BBC and it worked fine last time I tried it... and still got my A3010. Still got every PC I've ever owned, come to think of it :)