Post Edits

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the *. forums

Do you wish to be able to see whether posts have been edited?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes - you will see the number of times any post has been edited and who edited it last, including when mods/admins have.
72%
No - you won't see when posts have been edited, but mods and admins still will.
28%

Total votes: 32

Elminster

Re: Post Edits

Post by Elminster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Coeus wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 pm

I also want to say thanks for moderating the forum. I having much fun here and learning too so please don't take anything I have said a whinge.
Ditto

Coeus

Post by Coeus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Elminster wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm
I think I mentioned in this thread, or might have been the other, I do the same. So I get the Mac (and assume windows does as well) read back what I wrote. And spell check with my ears. Not so much on forums, but on important ( :( ) stuff
That's a good idea.

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:14 am

This is where the improved draft facility comes in helpful. As now it is a lot easier to save your draft post.

Then go do something else.

Then come back and proof read it with a clearer (hopefully) mind.

Then post it.

Still not going to get every typo etc. But at least it's an additional tool to help.

The auto-save feature also means it's less likely that a problem with your own terminal/PC/device will result in the total loss of the contents of your post. No guarantees about the functionality of this if the forum or it's server falls over...

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

danielj

Post by danielj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 am

Just under 5 hours left to opine in this poll!

d.

danielj

Post by danielj » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:53 am

OK - the majority of people who opined went for option 1, so things will stay as they are - those who don't want to see the edit messages (it doesn't mean anything's substantively changed, it's probably just fixing of typos or the like!) - as above, in your control panel there's a "style" you can select that suppresses them.

We do realise that every time we change something it will disrupt something for someone(s), but at the heart of this board is the sharing of knowledge and enthusiasm, and I suspect that would continue if we swapped the forum for a sheet of paper that got sent around...

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am

Don’t like change
Don’t like change
Don’t like...... 8-[

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 am

Richard Russell wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:18 pm
... more reluctant to post if it is evident to all that I have made multiple edits...
I think what we see now is that some people do make lots of 'tidying' edits and some people don't. In both cases, you're in good company. I've selected the alternative theme and turned off the annotations - I also turn off animated avatars and signatures - so I won't even notice. I'm sure others will do the same.