Game discussion API

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the *. forums
pau1ie

Game discussion API

Post by pau1ie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Tricky posted in the bbcmicro forum
tricky wrote:I was wondering about having a "discuss" link from the game's page to a thread on stardot. To avoid adding thousands of threads, maybe it could create the thread if it doesn't already exist. It could use some of the thread details to create a forum friendly hierarchy.
Is this doable in PHPBB?

Clearly I could create a link from the game page. Is it possible to create a link that does what Tricky suggests?
I'm working on http://bbcmicro.co.uk

Pernod

Re: Game discussion API

Post by Pernod » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

pau1ie wrote:Is this doable in PHPBB?
Not yet possible according to https://wiki.phpbb.com/Proposed_REST_AP ... y_To_Topic
- Nigel

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:54 pm

It might not be that great for non members as they would have to sign up to post, but I'm sure some games would benefit from it and it would still keep bbcmicro clean and simple as well as maybe bringing more people here.
I guess if people really think it is a good idea the threads could be created here with a one off script.

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi Tricky, fwiw I still intend to do this for all the Retro Software games (which would include your titles) I. E. create individual threads on StarDot, though these would be manually created.
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

ABug SOUTH (Hampshire) (1-3 June 2018)