yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 8

lovebug

image hosting

Post by lovebug »

ive created an image hosting site to help save on the forum storage space and bandwidth and you're welcome to use it if you need to
it works like any other image hosting site, upload an image (up to 10MB maximum each) and get a hotlink url

there is room for up to 30,000 images and they are stored in the original size and quality

--- edit --- IanS raised a good point, I cant guarentee the image hosting will be around forever but i've been using the same hosting for over 10 years without any issues

I dont want to post the link in case bots start abusing it so here it is in image form

spotty.png

--- edit --- as the feedback shows that this is not required I have deleted the upload script, thanks
Last edited by lovebug on Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
IanS

Re: image hosting

Post by IanS »

What guarantee is there that the site and hosting will still be there in a few weeks/months/years. We've already lost images that were hosted on random external sites. I vote No.

"You may select up to 2 options" it does seem odd that I could vote Yes and No.
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

IanS wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:37 am
What guarantee is there that the site and hosting will still be there in a few weeks/months/years. We've already lost images that were hosted on random external sites. I vote No.

"You may select up to 2 options" it does seem odd that I could vote Yes and No.
its a good point and I have no guarentees but ive been using the same host for over 10 years without issue so who knows
thanks for pointing out my poll mistake
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

It's a kind offer, but I too suggest (strongly) that the forum content is best kept all together, on the forum. Our admins can worry about backups and disk space, but our threads won't rot if a site vanishes. I'm sure if there were any problem of costs, the membership would respond generously to a funding drive.
lovebug

Post by lovebug »

thanks for the feedback, i'll shut it down :)

--- edit --- upload script deleted

Return to “stardot FORUM”