High Score Challenge S8 - Champion - White Light

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
barbarossa69

Re: High Score Challenge S8 - Champion - White Light

Post by barbarossa69 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 pm

I just Alt+PrtScr, paste into fireworks, crop, then export as jpg. It's what I've always done here.

png does the same

Edit:

Attachments
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (42.78 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Last edited by barbarossa69 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

barbarossa69

Post by barbarossa69 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

Never mind, it works from beebEm, maybe because I don't have to crop the image, for some reason when it's when I play using bbcmicro.co.uk through the firefox, and I do crop the image, it doesn't work.

FourthStone

Post by FourthStone » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:03 pm

You can link to your own files once they're uploaded, I've had the same issue before but not sure what was causing it... seems ok for me to post jpg or png as inline at the moment though... maybe it's a browser issue?

What you can try is attaching as normal, then preview, then copy the attachment link address, then paste as img tag as below...

You can also remove the inline tag so that your message only contains the img tag... make sense?

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 pm

I just <SHIFT><PRTSCRN>, paste into Paint, crop in paint, close paint and paste again. It's cumbersome, quick and easy. Works every time. I've only had trouble this way with stuff I've taken with my camera which won't be happening any more because it's no longer connecting to my computer properly.

Ed...... :-)

Wouter Scholten

Post by Wouter Scholten » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:30 am

KarateEd wrote:I just <SHIFT><PRTSCRN>, paste into Paint, crop in paint, close paint and paste again. It's cumbersome, quick and easy. Works every time. I've only had trouble this way with stuff I've taken with my camera which won't be happening any more because it's no longer connecting to my computer properly.

How can it be a) cumbersome and b) quick and easy, at the same time? :)

I just use my phone to make a pic, and use the phone's web browser to attach the image. That's the quickest for me as I don't use an emulator. The pictures that the phone makes are in jpeg (and filename ends in .jpg), so it's not the case that the forum software doesn't like jpegs. There may be some bug in the forum software that makes it sometimes not show pictures inline.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 am

Wouter Scholten wrote:
KarateEd wrote:I just <SHIFT><PRTSCRN>, paste into Paint, crop in paint, close paint and paste again. It's cumbersome, quick and easy. Works every time. I've only had trouble this way with stuff I've taken with my camera which won't be happening any more because it's no longer connecting to my computer properly.

Trust me Wouter, when you're me, it can be.... it's cumbersome if you read the words because it 'appears' to be many steps. In reality, at first it was cumbersome because I almost never used Paint but now it's quick and easy because I get it done in about 30 seconds, start to finish. Until you know the process, it's slow.... and dare I say..... cumbersome. I'd say it's truly a Retro way.

barbarossa69

Post by barbarossa69 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 am

FourthStone wrote:You can link to your own files once they're uploaded, I've had the same issue before but not sure what was causing it... seems ok for me to post jpg or png as inline at the moment though... maybe it's a browser issue?

What you can try is attaching as normal, then preview, then copy the attachment link address, then paste as img tag as below...

You can also remove the inline tag so that your message only contains the img tag... make sense?
Yep, that works, thanks! :)

Wouter Scholten

Post by Wouter Scholten » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 am

KarateEd wrote:
Wouter Scholten wrote:

Trust me Wouter, when you're me, it can be.... it's cumbersome if you read the words because it 'appears' to be many steps. In reality, at first it was cumbersome because I almost never used Paint but now it's quick and easy because I get it done in about 30 seconds, start to finish. Until you know the process, it's slow.... and dare I say..... cumbersome. I'd say it's truly a Retro way.

actually, I figured you probably meant it like this, i.e. a series of simple steps, but still 30s for 1 pic is not so fast :)

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:53 am

Wouter Scholten wrote:
KarateEd wrote:
Wouter Scholten wrote:

actually, I figured you probably meant it like this, i.e. a series of simple steps, but still 30s for 1 pic is not so fast :)
Well, yes and no - as I'm retired, time isn't of the essence for this task as I don't have a boss anymore. I crop the picture and do the resave so it's not unreasonable especially since I also get it up online in that time frame.

FourthStone

Post by FourthStone » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:35 am

I have a similar slightly convoluted way but works good, I take a window screenshot, then edit an existing jpg highscore file, paste the new picture and crop, then save as new highscore image ready for attaching.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 am

Sounds pretty similar FS......

Got a little further along Level 6. Just learning it and because of that, got puffed out quickly.... 57110...

WL7.png

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:11 am

High Score Tables Updated......

barbarossa69

Post by barbarossa69 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:03 pm

KarateEd wrote:High Score Tables Updated......

Why aren't you updating my score? :(

I know it's bad... but it's not THAT bad...

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:58 pm

barbarossa69 wrote:
KarateEd wrote:High Score Tables Updated......

Why aren't you updating my score? :(

I know it's bad... but it's not THAT bad...
Hi Barbarossa,

If your last score was 14,575 then it's up to date. Try refreshing the page. If you just go back and forth between pages then it won't show the updated image. You have to refresh the page too.

If that's not your last score then I don't have another higher score for you. Perhaps you could upload it if it is higher than this.....and no, it's not that bad. This is a pretty hard game that takes time to master.

Hope that helps,

barbarossa69

Post by barbarossa69 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:49 am

KarateEd wrote: If your last score was 14,575 then it's up to date. Try refreshing the page. If you just go back and forth between pages then it won't show the updated image. You have to refresh the page too.

If that's not your last score then I don't have another higher score for you. Perhaps you could upload it if it is higher than this.....and no, it's not that bad. This is a pretty hard game that takes time to master.

Hope that helps,

Yeah that is my best score, it's showing now.
I think it's pretty apparent this sort of game isn't my forte...

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 am

barbarossa69 wrote:
KarateEd wrote: If your last score was 14,575 then it's up to date. Try refreshing the page. If you just go back and forth between pages then it won't show the updated image. You have to refresh the page too.

Hope that helps,

Yeah that is my best score, it's showing now.
I think it's pretty apparent this sort of game isn't my forte...
This game really requires time put in or you have had to play these types of games your whole life almost. I'm much the same as you, just stubborn.

You have to realize this is the 3rd time I've been playing this particular game and my abilities with it have gone up and I'm still only at level 6 of a possible 14 as I understand. I have put some serious hours into playing this game and I'm really liking it a lot now, much more than when I first played it.

I was pretty much having the problems you were having. It took me until this challenge to get out of level 3 consistently. I'd only seen level 4 once before this challenge.... so don't give up, I'm sure you have more to give to this.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:12 am

Only a few more hours to put in nominations for the next season folks. Kindly put any you have before 9 PM this evening UK time.

Thanks,

FourthStone

Post by FourthStone » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 am

KarateEd wrote:Only a few more hours to put in nominations for the next season folks. Kindly put any you have before 9 PM this evening UK time.

Thanks,

:shock:

MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

New high score, still can't get to level 4 .
Attachments
WL21.jpg

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm

FourthStone wrote:
KarateEd wrote:Only a few more hours to put in nominations for the next season folks. Kindly put any you have before 9 PM this evening UK time.

Thanks,

:shock:

C'mon FS, there's still time and it's nice to have everyone's flavour of games in the hat.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am

MatthewThompson wrote:New high score, still can't get to level 4 .
I find level 3 the hardest of the first 5 levels at least. Once I figured out how to get through 3, and it took several times, then life got easier. Now level 6 is my bane.

Keep at it Matt, you have a couple days left, knock yourself out or knock something out.... you'll get it.

JoolsH

Post by JoolsH » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Grr... scored about 109,000 twice. So close to beating my previous score :(

chrisn

Post by chrisn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 am

This was a good run, for me, up to level 8... 73,180
whitelight2.jpg

MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 pm

marginally better score, but still level 3 again, the jump in difficulty from level 2 is large , and too much going on at times and very difficult to see things sometimes too.
Attachments
WL3.jpg

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:23 pm

MatthewThompson wrote:marginally better score, but still level 3 again, the jump in difficulty from level 2 is large , and too much going on at times and very difficult to see things sometimes too.
I had exactly the same issues with level 3 but keep at it and you'll break through. Once you do, you will probably get through it nearly every time after that.

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:16 pm

High Score Tables Updated......

Note: Remember to refresh the page that the High Score Table is on when you look at it so that the current score shows up. Thank you so bloody much Microsoft.......

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:57 pm

My last kick at the cat on this round, not that I kick cats, I love cats, have two of my very own.....59.990

Ed....... :-)
WL8.png

KarateEd

Post by KarateEd » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 am

Final High Score Table updated for the Champ round......

Well, 2 top players went head to head, well ahead of all the others in White Light. Today,
FourthStone shot his way to first place, narrowly escaping the exacting clutches of JoolsH. Thanks for playing this one and putting on a great show, showing what this game can do.....and a hearty congratulations go out to you on your win FourthStone... =D> =D> =D>

tricky

Post by tricky » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 am

I missed this!
I find that images that are "standard" sizes show up, but others require a link to the attachment.

FourthStone

Post by FourthStone » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am

Thanks again Ed for another fun packed round of gaming goodness. And well done for claiming the champions hat for season 8 =D>

I really enjoyed White Light and that run was the furthest I've been through the game unassisted, so close yet so far with the difficulty really ramping up on level 12.

Bring on season 9 \:D/