Microprofessor MPF-II

Talk about non-Acorn classic computers/hardware/software here (including retro consoles)
simoni

Microprofessor MPF-II

Post by simoni » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Is there anyone on the forum who collects Multitech Microprofessor computers? I recently got 2 brand-new in box MPF-IIs. I probably paid too much for them, but they were too nice to pass up :)

I'm wondering what such a thing is actually worth (these machines are still sealed in the original packaging); seen a few used/battered ones on ebay, but not a completely new one... I'm also interested to see if I'm all alone in thinking that they are cool :D I have the Z80 based MPF-I as well.

1024MAK

Re: Microprofessor MPF-II

Post by 1024MAK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Don't know about the MPF-II, as it was less popular I believe.

But the MPF-I is still made and for sale, if you have got £225 burning a hole in your pocket. They are sold and supported by Flite.

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

simoni

Post by simoni » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 am

I have the MPF-I also (an original one) - complete with printer, eprom programmer and sound card. It's a fun board to play with. The MPF-II is harder to find as it was less popular; also, I don't think that many were available in the UK. The MPF-II is an Apple II clone though - one of the first clones made.

Seldon2k

Post by Seldon2k » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Mark,

I was offered SIX MPF-I Z-80 Trainers in approx 1997 while on a course.
They just wanted me to take them away at no cost as they had been unused, just sitting on top of cupboards for years!
I was in a downsizing mode at the time and, even though they would have taken up very little room,
I said 'NO thank you', I came to regret this :cry:

Terry (Seldon2k)