Atom in MESS

discussion of games, software, hardware & emulators relating to the Acorn Atom and Acorn System machines.
Prime

Atom in MESS

Post by Prime » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I have just fixed the Atom emulation in MESS so that it works.

Previosuly doing something like :

A=?0

Would produce <BEEP>ERROR <return> scrooling up the screen forever.

It now works as it should.

Should hopefully be in the next binary release, I've commited the code changes to SVN so if you can build the source then an update and rebuild should do it.

Cheers.

Phill.

Samwise
Site Admin

Re: Atom in MESS

Post by Samwise » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Just catching up ...

This looks great, Phill. I'll make sure to check out the next release - I've been meaning to play with MESS and QMC2 again for ages.

Thanks!

Sam.

Samwise
Site Admin

Re: Atom in MESS

Post by Samwise » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I just tried MESS 0.143 out, Phill. It took me a while to figure out what format the ROMs needed to be in, but I got it going in the end.

It plays great - a BASIC loading screen I tried showed up a bit funny. Some PRINTed text comes out with a background colour, where the lines that don't have anything printed on them don't have. Rather odd, and different behaviour to Wouter's emulator and another one I have here.

That aside, I was blown away by how good the sound emulation is ... it seems much better than Wouters' emu (although that's running through Linux and DOSBox so any of those could be interfering).

Looks like great work, though. I love MESS - thanks for keeping it maintained. :)

Sam.