What was in the Atom package

discussion of games, software, hardware & emulators relating to the Acorn Atom and Acorn System machines.
jimmydeath

What was in the Atom package

Post by jimmydeath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has a photo of all the items that would have come with the Atom when purchased new and how they were packaged.

The reason I ask is that I have an Atom, PSU and the polystyrene box but assume it would have come with other items such as a tape lead, aerial lead etc.

Now i know that it is easy to make these leads up but it would be nice to have them look as close to the original as possible or at least know what one looks like if I were to see one at a car boot sale or similar.

Does anyone know how the PSU was packaged as there is no place for it in the two polystyrene inserts that I have. Was it in the main carton or in a separate box?

As to the manuals I have a tatty copy of 'Atomic Theory and Practice' The blue Technical Manual and an A3 circuit diagram, is there anything else that should be there?

Thanks

Regards

James

BeebMaster

Re: What was in the Atom package

Post by BeebMaster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:20 pm

jimmydeath

Post by jimmydeath » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks.

Looks like I have all the documentation bar the guarantee card, presumably the original owner completed it and sent it off.

Was there really no tape lead or introductory cassette?

How was the PSU packaged?

Any photos would be appreciated

Regards

James

Jalov

Post by Jalov » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

jimmydeath wrote:
Any photos would be appreciated
Have a look on my site:

http://www.nostalgia8.nl/acornatomproje ... roject.htm

Janny.

jimmydeath

Post by jimmydeath » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Janny

Thanks, there are some high quality photos there.

I am still after pictures though of the cables, PSU packaging and guarantee card and anything that came with it.

Regards

James

Jalov

Post by Jalov » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:06 pm

jimmydeath wrote: I am still after pictures though of the cables, PSU packaging and guarantee card and anything that came with it.
I forgot to tell you that there is a link on my atompage to the dutch atompages of Henk van der Heijden (Haydn) with very much Atom info and more pictures. Here is the english part:

http://home.casema.nl/hhaydn/index-e.html

When this too is not what you really are searching for, maybe you can contact him.

Janny.