Floppy Days Podcast on the Acorn Atom

discussion of games, software, hardware & emulators relating to the Acorn Atom
rkindig

Floppy Days Podcast on the Acorn Atom

Post by rkindig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:44 pm

My name is Randy Kindig. New to this board. I know very little about the Acorn Atom. However, I'm in the process of learning all I can in order to do a podcast (Floppy Days, floppydays.com) about the machine.

I'm very surprised that I put a call-out a couple of months ago for someone who knows the machine well or who was involved with its development and no one is willing to co-host the episode with me. Is there no one out there that fits the bill and is willing to do this? I don't bite and neither do the listeners. :) Perhaps there's not that much interest in this machine any more? Everyone I've contacted directly from this board either doesn't want to co-host or does not respond.

Think of the fame and fortune that are surely to follow by being a part of this! :)

Anyway, I would very much appreciate help with this. Even providing links to Acorn Atom resources and/or information about the machine itself, or a short clip of memories of the machine if you had one "back in the day" would be helpful. I REALLY would love a co-host, though. Someone who knows the machine pretty well.

Direct message me if you have any interest or are willing and fit the bill.

thanks!!

Randy

roland

Re: Floppy Days Podcast on the Acorn Atom

Post by roland » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Randy,

I apologize for not responding to your last PM. How would co-hosting work?

Greetings,
Roland
256K + 6502 Inside
MAN WOMAN :shock:

oss003

Post by oss003 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Randy,

As posted in your previous post, I'm happy to help you with info about the Atom.
May be if you post your questions, people are willing to answer them.

Greetings
Kees

rkindig

Post by rkindig » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 am

oss003 wrote:Hi Randy,

As posted in your previous post, I'm happy to help you with info about the Atom.
May be if you post your questions, people are willing to answer them.

Greetings
Kees
Hi, Kees,

I don't really have any direct questions at this point. I'm researching the machine the best I can to pull information together about its history, specs, peripherals, emulators, software, books, magazines, modern upgrades and Web sites.

Perhaps there are some out there that can help me understand what modern upgrades are available for the Acorn Atom?

thanks!

Randy

rkindig

Post by rkindig » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 am

roland wrote:Hi Randy,

I apologize for not responding to your last PM. How would co-hosting work?

Greetings,
Roland
Hi, Roland, thank you. See my PM.

Randy