For that extra retro-feel

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
sweh

For that extra retro-feel

Post by sweh » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 pm

I put the Goteks into the original floppy drive shells. The one on the right is the BITD that I had since 1985; the one on the left was a more recent eBay purchase to try and recover my old floppies.

Unfortunately the StarTech 3.5->5.25 tray doesn't quite line up properly with holes so it's not a perfect fit. But good enough :-)
Attachments
IMG_20200910_175019.jpg
Rgds
Stephen

0xC0DE

Re: For that extra retro-feel

Post by 0xC0DE » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:08 am

Nice!!
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:45 am

Looks like you need two more GOTEKs. :lol:
- John

Stwert

Post by Stwert » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Lovely setup there =D> And I completely agree, its nice to get them fitting in with the rest of the gear.
Its also nice to see other people who are as crazy as myself when it comes to the systems they own. I can prove to the wife that its not just me :D
(Note, not in photo the other 100 or so computers and consoles I have - who said obsessed? :lol: )

I just put my Gotek into an old Cumana drive the other day, I'm reasonably happy with it, though I want to get beige filament to get the front fitting in better. That and I need to design a switch to replace the one that's missing. I've almost got it done, the fist prototype was just a little bit wee.

BEEB.jpeg
I'll be highly medicated and my humour can be twisted, so when I offend you, its not intentional, honest :lol:

Return to “general”