Internal Acorn Documents

on-topic Acorn-related news and discussions not covered by the other forums
flibble

Internal Acorn Documents

Post by flibble » Wed May 09, 2018 8:17 pm

From a kind donation from someone who has asked to remain anonymous, here are some internal docs which I thought I'd share.

This was from a CD containing a whole load of Apps, games, educational software (acorn and 3rd party) that I'm sorting through to see if there's things I can release. There's also some sort of beta versions of RISC OS between Arthur and RO 3 that may be of interest..

But first up some numbers, I've never seen any real figures on the numbers of machines that Acorn made, but this might give an idea of scale from 1994/1995

The deliveries of all the different machines on a monthly basis in 1994, to note: The Risc PC is out, but there's just as big orders for the educational focused A3020 and A4000.
prod forecast feb95.png
How well the deliveries of the Risc PC were going, to note: 16000 Risc PCs ordered from manufacturers within the first year.
RPC Delivery.png
How well the deliveries of the Acorn Pocket Book were going.
PocketBook Delivery.png

Phlamethrower

Re: Internal Acorn Documents

Post by Phlamethrower » Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Possibly you've seen this thread on the ROOL forums asking about evidence of US sales - maybe there are some other documents on the CD which would be able to help with that?

https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/5/topics/10863

flibble

Post by flibble » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Phlamethrower wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:13 pm
Possibly you've seen this thread on the ROOL forums asking about evidence of US sales - maybe there are some other documents on the CD which would be able to help with that?

https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/5/topics/10863
I am afraid not, I've not found any reference to US sales. There's some phone numbers for Germany, NZ and Oz offices, but nothing for the US.

flibble

Post by flibble » Mon May 28, 2018 4:40 pm

There's also draw and Impression templates for all sorts of office related docs like the following.
acorn_absence.png
expenses.png