RiscOS Awards 2015

on-topic Acorn-related news and discussions not covered by the other forums
danielj

RiscOS Awards 2015

Post by danielj » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:32 pm

I have no idea how many people vote in these things, but StarDot's up there as a selectable online resource this year:

http://www.riscosawards.co.uk/

d.

poink

Re: RiscOS Awards 2015

Post by poink » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Judging by the 'Broken Cog' awards, it looks like the 'fun and games' continue in the RISC OS market. Our 'friend' Aaron's submission seems to be particularly classy. [-X

danielj

Post by danielj » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:00 pm

I was going to bemoan the inclusion of "Broken Cog" again, but on reading that particular gem I changed my mind...

paulv

Post by paulv » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:14 pm

poink wrote:Our 'friend' Aaron's submission seems to be particularly classy. [-X
Urgh: :shock: [-X :evil:

I shouldn't be shocked really given my interactions with Aaron.

What puzzles me about 3QD is that Aaron seems to hate the RISC OS community with a passion and yet he continually attempts to "own" the market place however niche it becomes. It seems too that most people know what he's like but continue to do business with him regardless.

For the record I never knowingly do business with 3QD and as he's not the only game in town, I've never found this to be an issue.

Finally, after reading the linked to newsgroup thread, I wonder if prose analysis would identify some of 3QD's more vitriolic supporters as being Aaron himself. IIRC there have been alternate profiles for Aaron in the past and I just can't conceive of a scenario where there are so many people that are such ardent supporters of a dying/dead branch of an already niche OS. Most people are more pragmatic than that and migrate to a supported in development version when they can.

Paul

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:17 pm

poink wrote:
Judging by the 'Broken Cog' awards, it looks like the 'fun and games' continue in the RISC OS market. Our 'friend' Aaron's submission seems to be particularly classy. [-X
I don't think we should judge him on only this year's efforts, I feel he deserves an award that shows appreciation for his longer term impact in the Risc OS market.... How about the "D******* for a Decade" award ?

or is that too short a time to consider ? :lol:
Last edited by Samwise on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Toned down expletive
cheers Wookie
Overclocked StrongARM RiscPC + Viewfinder
Overclocked Arm3 8MB A310 + vidc extender
BBC Master with Matchbox CoPro
BBC B+ 64K
My original Electron from 1985 with Slogger MasterRam/Turbo,AP1,AP2 rom, AP3+4 & New AP6

paulv

Post by paulv » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:17 pm

danielj wrote:I was going to bemoan the inclusion of "Broken Cog" again, but on reading that particular gem I changed my mind...
To be fair, they do include themselves in the list for broken cog so as long as they do that and are open about the voting, I don't have much of a problem with it, especially when it highlights particularly bad behaviour that deserves a spotlight to expose it for the despicable behaviour it is.

Paul

paulv

Post by paulv » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Wookie wrote:I don't think we should judge him on only this year's efforts, I feel he deserves an award that shows appreciation for his longer term impact in the Risc OS market.... How about the "D******* for a Decade" award ?

or is that too short a time to consider ? :lol:
3QD Developments Ltd - slowing the development of RISC OS since 2004.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05173300

Paul
Last edited by Samwise on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Toned down quoted expletive

flynnjs

Post by flynnjs » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Can we cut the negativity and politics out, please?
I think we'd all like to keep *. to be the place to come for fun, regardless of what's going on elsewhere.

thanks.

nOmArch

Post by nOmArch » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:02 am

flynnjs wrote:Can we cut the negativity and politics out, please?
I think we'd all like to keep *. to be the place to come for fun, regardless of what's going on elsewhere.

thanks.
Best have a word with Aaron then, he's the cause of all the 'politics' and 'negativity' by being such an insufferable and arrogant buffoon...
Alex

Back up to 1 Beeb again. \o/

Samwise
Site Admin

Post by Samwise » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:32 pm

All,

I'm locking this topic. We all know that there is a tonne of bad feeling and name-calling which goes on over many of the unmoderated Acorn communities - newsgroups, mailing lists, websites etc.

This place is intended as a haven from such things. It's one thing to post a friendly warning about dealers or sellers to be wary of, but please let's leave at that. We are a family-friendly place, and have forum members from school age up to pensionable age and using this sort of colourful language is a detriment to the positive, welcoming community we have here.

Please, feel free to add useful commentary or new information but let's not use this forum just to cuss someone out - go do it in some of the wilder areas of the Acorn community, there's plenty of other options.

Thanks.