Mike Matson of 4Mation interview 1991

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
flaxcottage

Mike Matson of 4Mation interview 1991

Post by flaxcottage » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:40 pm

There's an interview with Mike Matson, the programmer for 4Mation and the programmer of Granny's Garden, in the Spring 1991 edition of Micro-Scope, the members' magazine for MAPE here

The file is quite large.
- John

myelin

Re: Mike Matson of 4Mation interview 1991

Post by myelin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 am

Hah -- I was one of those kids who used to hang out at Fred Frampton's computer shop (I forget the name now). I was 12 at the time, so I guess I wasn't around when he came to visit... I'm guessing the 14 year olds would have been the "little'uns", Iain Brandram-Adams and Paul ?, who renamed themselves (on the Econet) to "big'uns" once I showed up and they weren't the youngest any more. I only met Carl Ansley once; he was working on a FileCore filesystem that ran over a serial port, "Carl's RFS".
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.

lurkio

Re: Mike Matson of 4Mation interview 1991

Post by lurkio » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:15 am

myelin wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:05 am
Hah -- I was one of those kids who used to hang out at Fred Frampton's computer shop (I forget the name now). I was 12 at the time, so I guess I wasn't around when he came to visit... I'm guessing the 14 year olds would have been the "little'uns", Iain Brandram-Adams and Paul ?, who renamed themselves (on the Econet) to "big'uns" once I showed up and they weren't the youngest any more. I only met Carl Ansley once; he was working on a FileCore filesystem that ran over a serial port, "Carl's RFS".
Thanks! Very interesting! Here's the relevant bit from Mike Matson's article for anyone who hasn't downloaded the full PDF:

1C40D9C7-16BD-46A9-AAEF-AB6BE99D910F.jpeg

Return to “general”