Today I received.....

on-topic Acorn-related news and discussions not covered by the other forums
duikkie
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by duikkie » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:26 am

normaly they are bleu ?

i allso have a 6802 project( chip and io port ) for 2 euro allso from the same man year ??
roland wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:46 pm
duikkie wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 am
DIY PROJECT from which book ? ( elektor/elektuur?) , pc ??
Elektor normally has an EPS number on the printed circuit board, even if it is home made. So, if there is no such number at the back side of the board then I'd advise to skip the Elektor magazines.

User avatar
roland
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Born (NL)
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by roland » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:05 am

duikkie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:26 am
normaly they are bleu ?
Yes, if you buy them from Elektor they are blue but Elektor also publishes the pcb layout so you can make them yourself at home. It worked nice for simple boards. For Yarrb2 it would probably not be possible :mrgreen:
256K + 6502 Inside
MAN WOMAN :shock:

johnkenyon
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 pm
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by johnkenyon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:06 pm

duikkie wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 am
i did buy it for 1 euro

but how to use it :)

someone know this E(E)promer 3.0 : (c)2000
parallele poort.

DIY PROJECT from which book ? ( elektor/elektuur?) , pc ??
My google fu yielded this link
https://www.taringa.net/+hazlo_tu_mismo ... cil_1hv7r7
(It's in Spanish, but the odd link and diagram is worth a thousand words)

This seems to imply that it's a copy of a Batronix kit.

A further google lead me to
https://www.batronix.com/pdf/DeviceManual.pdf

which has instructions for various kits and also states that Eprom Programmer 3.x is completely operated by "Prog Studio 6"

I would suggest getting hold of the circuit diagram and then doing some reverse engineering to see how your programmer compares to V3.4.
(I note that your programmer has a 40pin ZIF socket which is unusual)

Hope this helps...

User avatar
Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:47 am
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:57 pm

An instant Acorn Atom software collection.

No idea if they work and will probably not find out after my tape player chewed up a copy of Pentagram for the Speccy. :shock:

EC48006A-ECD2-4438-BAC7-596CB032CCFE.jpeg

Sadly (now that they have arrived) I will not be keeping these as they were bought in an effort to help pay for Xmas.
Atom, issue 5
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
USA Model B
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA

duikkie
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by duikkie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:32 am

a better schematics ( readble) . languane ?

https://gamemasterquilpue.000webhostapp ... Burner.htm
johnkenyon wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:06 pm
duikkie wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:27 am
i did buy it for 1 euro

but how to use it :)

someone know this E(E)promer 3.0 : (c)2000
parallele poort.

DIY PROJECT from which book ? ( elektor/elektuur?) , pc ??
My google fu yielded this link
https://www.taringa.net/+hazlo_tu_mismo ... cil_1hv7r7
(It's in Spanish, but the odd link and diagram is worth a thousand words)

This seems to imply that it's a copy of a Batronix kit.

A further google lead me to
https://www.batronix.com/pdf/DeviceManual.pdf

which has instructions for various kits and also states that Eprom Programmer 3.x is completely operated by "Prog Studio 6"

I would suggest getting hold of the circuit diagram and then doing some reverse engineering to see how your programmer compares to V3.4.
(I note that your programmer has a 40pin ZIF socket which is unusual)

Hope this helps...

duikkie
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by duikkie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:34 pm

what is it :) and how to use this smart(phone) device ?

what i found on the world wide web so far

but not the same :(

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/corner/Nanocomp_clock

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/wiki3/imag ... nocomp.pdf
Attachments
nano io.JPG
6802 nano.JPG

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 7560
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by danielj » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 pm

duikkie wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:34 pm
what is it :) and how to use this smart(phone) device ?

what i found on the world wide web so far

but not the same :(
One of these? ;) :D
http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2014/10/20 ... -stations/

Kazzie
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:10 pm
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Kazzie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:15 pm

duikkie wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:34 pm
what is it :) and how to use this smart(phone) device ?

what i found on the world wide web so far

but not the same :(

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/corner/Nanocomp_clock

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/wiki3/imag ... nocomp.pdf
From the look and labelling of the keypad, I'm thinking it may be a kit-build microcomputer: it's got the exact same 25 keys as the Acorn System 1! That would make the side-card an I/O (just the 'O', really) card plugged into its expansion bus.

Is there a second PCB with a CPU hiding inside that box?
BBC Model B 32k issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
Acorn System 1 home-made replica

User avatar
vanpeebles
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by vanpeebles » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:03 am

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Couple of Tatties in time for tatty picking week :lol:

User avatar
Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:47 am
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Lardo Boffin » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:12 am

The 256 is tiny by comparison!
Atom, issue 5
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
USA Model B
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA

User avatar
vanpeebles
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by vanpeebles » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:13 am

Half the size if not more! :)

duikkie
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by duikkie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:17 pm

no it is a 6802 chip , yes an other board with chips :)
display says 6802 NANO . but the keypad is different :(


Kazzie wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:15 pm
duikkie wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:34 pm
what is it :) and how to use this smart(phone) device ?

what i found on the world wide web so far

but not the same :(

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/corner/Nanocomp_clock

http://spivey.oriel.ox.ac.uk/wiki3/imag ... nocomp.pdf
From the look and labelling of the keypad, I'm thinking it may be a kit-build microcomputer: it's got the exact same 25 keys as the Acorn System 1! That would make the side-card an I/O (just the 'O', really) card plugged into its expansion bus.

Is there a second PCB with a CPU hiding inside that box?

Kazzie
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:10 pm
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Kazzie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:11 pm

duikkie wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:17 pm
no it is a 6802 chip , yes an other board with chips :)
display says 6802 NANO . but the keypad is different :(
So it's a question of "what kind of 6802-based kit-build / trainer microcomputer is this"? Either way, it's an interesting find.
BBC Model B 32k issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
Acorn System 1 home-made replica

User avatar
roland
Posts: 3421
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Born (NL)
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by roland » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:26 pm

A new storage for mi bits and bytes....
storage.jpg

Edit: I hate it when the picture is rotated.....
256K + 6502 Inside
MAN WOMAN :shock:

User avatar
Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:47 am
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:03 pm

For my Tatung Einstein. :D
Attachments
A09712FE-C12C-4EB7-80F6-1CDD067660CA.jpeg
Atom, issue 5
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
USA Model B
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA

stuslayer
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm
Location: Kellington, North Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by stuslayer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Acorn PocketBook II in good condition
20191104_105844.jpg
20191104_105831.jpg
20191104_105755.jpg
20191104_105747.jpg
20191104_105813.jpg
20191104_105758.jpg
It's a lot of fun!

duikkie
Posts: 2966
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by duikkie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:28 pm

what to do with a oslink v7 ??

chip is altera EPM3064A

so we have a printer port with a epm3064 a , #-o
Attachments
oslink v7.jpg

User avatar
flaxcottage
Posts: 3753
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm
Location: Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by flaxcottage » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:43 pm

@stuslayer:- I never had an Acorn Pocketbook II, I went for the Psion 3a/3mx BITD. It looks a nice machine and very similar to the Psions. A good acquisition. :D
- John

Image

User avatar
jonb
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Location: South Coast of England
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by jonb » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Not just very similar. Exactly the same, bar the label. Brilliant machines.

User avatar
1024MAK
Posts: 9283
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:46 pm
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by 1024MAK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 pm

If this thread continues to feature Psions, I’ll have to post up photos of mine....

I started with a Series 3 many, many years ago. Then moved to a Series 3a, a Series 3c, a Revo, a Series 5mx. Since then I have got a Series 5.

With the 3c, I had great fun walking into my manager’s office, and ‘hovered’ near the office laser printer, which had an IR interface. Then like magic, printed sheets of what I wanted printed would appear :D
It took ages before anyone figured out what was going on :lol:

Until two years ago, there was a company not too far from me that would repair them. Alas, they have now stopped offering a repair service :(

Mark

User avatar
jonb
Posts: 2564
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Location: South Coast of England
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by jonb » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Happy days Mark.

I was a Psion registered developer. Designed and co-wrote Psion Accounts and Expenses. Not a big money spinner, we got 50 pence royalty per copy!

User avatar
Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:47 am
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Lardo Boffin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 pm

A very nice copy of BCPL Standalone Generator and license document to fill in! I wonder if they still want £250 to distribute stuff...

No disc but I had the disc and no box so it worked out well!

Just the calculations package to find now.

6B1AD06A-FCCC-4672-A2D7-2A8D76848218.jpeg
Atom, issue 5
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
USA Model B
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA

User avatar
klintworth
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by klintworth » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Just arrived from the UK - superfast TransAtlantic service - thanks Mark! =D>
IMG_4762.jpg
BBC B Issue 4 & 7, BBC B (USA), BBC Master, Electron, BBC Master Compact, Olivetti PC128S, Castle A7000+

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 7560
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by danielj » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Lardo Boffin wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 pm
A very nice copy of BCPL Standalone Generator and license document to fill in! I wonder if they still want £250 to distribute stuff...

No disc but I had the disc and no box so it worked out well!

Just the calculations package to find now.
Ahh, I wondered who'd snaffled that :D

User avatar
topcat96
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:17 am
Location: Somewhere wonderful!
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by topcat96 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:38 pm

A very nice collection of retro inspired 3D printed fridge magnets from ReadyPlayerTwo over on Etsy ...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ReadyPlayerTwo

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image

User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 5143
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by daveejhitchins » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm

From Phil (myelin) - ready for ABUG (but we've visitors until the end of the week :( )

IMG_0162.jpg
Electron UEU
Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ARA III, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 7560
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by danielj » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:45 pm

A Mean Well PT65-B. £14 vs trying to fix an ancient SMPSU. Also something else. More later :) (crosses fingers)

d.

User avatar
Elminster
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 am
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: Today I received.....

Post by Elminster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 pm

The anticipation !!
daveejhitchins wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm
From Phil (myelin) - ready for ABUG (but we've visitors until the end of the week :( )


Dave H :D
The anticipation !!

Post Reply