Today I received.....

on-topic Acorn-related news and discussions not covered by the other forums
flaxcottage

Re: Today I received.....

Post by flaxcottage » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 pm

After years of looking I've finally found a copy of the very first commercial release I wrote.
Cassette inlay.jpg
Tape.jpg
Cassete box.jpg
This came up on eBay as a 'buy it now or make me an offer' item. The vendor was a real gent and accepted much less than the original asking price. =D> =D>

The First Byte label on the back was interesting because I did not know that they stocked our titles.

I don't know if the tape works yet but to be honest it doesn't matter. I'll make a direct copy. If the tape is working I'll see if the uef-supremo in Scotland can work his magic. [-o<

All I need to do now is find copies of all the other titles I wrote for this company ... :wink:
- John

Multiwizard

Post by Multiwizard » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:04 pm

flaxcottage wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 pm
After years of looking I've finally found a copy of the very first commercial release I wrote.
Cassette inlay.jpg

This came up on eBay as a 'buy it now or make me an offer' item. The vendor was a real gent and accepted much less than the original asking price. =D> =D>

The First Byte label on the back was interesting because I did not know that they stocked our titles.

I don't know if the tape works yet but to be honest it doesn't matter. I'll make a direct copy. If the tape is working I'll see if the uef-supremo in Scotland can work his magic. [-o<

All I need to do now is find copies of all the other titles I wrote for this company ... :wink:
Nice :-D... =D> \:D/ =D>

Commie_User

Post by Commie_User » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 pm

flaxcottage wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:44 pm
What a great feeling that must have been for you. Is it any good, do you know? :wink: :lol:

I love how the company logo resembles the Compact Disc logo. Brings it all back how new age and totally mindblowing all these techie concepts were when they were new. Kids just can't quite grip it these days even if they understand.

After a gig, Neil Innes was really interested in the Rutland Weekend Television LP I brought to have him sign, having not seen it in donkeys' years. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people don't seem to keep copies of their own releases.

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Just checked the tape and it works perfectly. No dropouts, no data errors. Magic. 8)

Not bad for 35 years!
- John

OneSwitch

Post by OneSwitch » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Brilliant! Gives me hope to find some of the things I've been looking for for many years.

People can download it from your site here:

Code: Select all

http://www.flaxcottage.com/educational/default.asp
. Nice little maths game. Harsh if you get one wrong when you're nearly fully charged!

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:20 pm

A very nice Vines 1770 replay. Of course now I have the problem of finding a beeb fitted with a 1770... Assuming it works of course!

1CAD3C6D-7631-4B14-88D7-132BA7AA60E6.jpeg

It does mention Opus Challenger compatibility so may have to go that route but really wanted to run it from a gotek. Hey ho.

Once I get it up and running (fingers crossed) I can finally play Twin Kingdom Valley properly without having to faff on with saving to tape. :D
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc

adrm

Post by adrm » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:24 pm

trixster wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:02 am
A RetroTink2x to go with the OSSC
05FA31A5-59E7-4CA6-83CD-BC74656CFEFA.jpeg
05FA31A5-59E7-4CA6-83CD-BC74656CFEFA.jpeg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 121 times
The 3DO’s svideo output can now get the OSSC treatment, it’s never looked so good!
Got my own RetroTink 2X + connector to OSSC today.
-------
Tore