g7jjf wrote:I don't know why yet or have a solution but I am looking into it.
I have removed the '+' as this seems to be no longer supported and the tape saving now seems to work post 10.6.x ... You can re-download the updated version from : http://www.g7jjf.com/progs/BeebEm4a.zip
Jon, this is great! I've just tested your latest upload on OS X 10.10.5, and save-to-tape works! Thank you.
g7jjf wrote:There have been a lot of changes to the Windows version of BeebEm which haven't made their way to the Mac version yet. I think the Windows version was at around 4.04 last time I did any serious work on it. If people can let me know which features they would like as a priority, I will see if I can find time. Not promising anything straight away, depending on the complexity of the changes, as free time is virtually zero for any development work at the moment.
There are only five outstanding Mac BeebEm bugs that I know of:
1. FIXED! This disc image of Emerald Isle works in Win BeebEm but not Mac BeebEm. Mac BeebEm seems to be blocking on a screen interrupt or something. You can get the game to haltingly advance if you repeatedly press TAB to toggle between the text- and picture-screens. UPDATE, 10th May: See a later post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12961&start=30#p168974
2. There's the macOS security issue as experienced by Elminster
, which I can't say anything more about because I've never experienced it myself, for some reason!
3. The STH copies of Alien From Outer Space
and other Incentive text adventures with graphics
don't work properly in any of the emulators, as far as I can tell. Something to do with the split-mode screen, possibly..? There are now patched versions of some/all of those games on bbcmicro.co.uk
that do work in Mac (and Win) BeebEm, but I just thought I'd mention the issue anyway.
4. When you return from fullscreen mode, any other open windows belonging to apps other than BeebEm will be "squashed" -- smaller than they were before you entered fullscreen in BeebEm!
5. In Win and Mac BeebEm, if you save to tape with the Tape Control window open, you have to close and reopen it again to see the newly written contents of the tape. It would be nice if the Tape Control window was constantly updated to reflect the contents of the .uef tape image that's currently loaded.
Plus, there's the missing Import/Export To/From Disc feature that Elminster just mentioned above, which is present in Win BeebEm.