Some fixes to 32016 emulation in B-Em

discuss bbc micro and electron emulators (including mame) here!
bsdnazz
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:54 pm
Location: Twickenham, UK
Contact:

Re: Some fixes to 32016 emulation in B-Em

Post by bsdnazz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:16 pm

hoglet wrote:If you can work with .ssd images, these are known to work:
viewtopic.php?p=133413#p133413

Dave

Am I right in thinking it's PAN141A.SSD for drive 0 and PAN141B.SSD for drive 2?

If so, still no joy with exactly the same symptom as before - Panos starts to load but the system hangs.

I've removed the ADFS 1.33/1.53 ROM and will now see if I can remove the DFS ROM. The Beeb is a B+64K

User avatar
hoglet
Posts: 9248
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:21 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Some fixes to 32016 emulation in B-Em

Post by hoglet » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 pm

bsdnazz wrote: Am I right in thinking it's PAN141A.SSD for drive 0 and PAN141B.SSD for drive 2?
Yes, that's correct.
bsdnazz wrote: If so, still no joy with exactly the same symptom as before - Panos starts to load but the system hangs.
Hmm, that's a shame. Are you able to connect the serial console and see if there's any debug output.
bsdnazz wrote: I've removed the ADFS 1.33/1.53 ROM and will now see if I can remove the DFS ROM. The Beeb is a B+64K
You are the first person I'm aware of to try PiTubeDirect on a B+64K. I wonder if there are some issues peculiar to this host. The Tube is buffered by LS244/LS245 TTL chips, so the timing may be slightly different. I would hope we were not that marginal.

Have you tried any of the other Co Processors, e.g. the 80x86 booting DOSPlus?

Dave

bsdnazz
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:54 pm
Location: Twickenham, UK
Contact:

Re: Some fixes to 32016 emulation in B-Em

Post by bsdnazz » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Perhaps I should try it out on my Master Turbo.

I'll need to do the PSU caps in that first.

Post Reply

Return to “8-bit acorn emulators”