JSBeeb ROM format

discuss bbc micro and electron emulators (including mame) here!
dagewa

JSBeeb ROM format

Post by dagewa »

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what format file JSBeeb expects for a ROM? I put some of the files from http://www.flaxcottage.com/BBC_ROMS/Default.asp under the roms/ directory on a forked copy of jsbeeb, but when I try to load any of them with the ?&rom= parameter I just got the message:

Code: Select all

Error: Broken rom file

I started a (probably doomed) quest to use JSBeeb to explore a disc of InterWord files. I saw some old messages about emulators not being able to run InterWord because of the unusual format of the ROM. Is that still the case?

Cheers
David
Pernod

Re: JSBeeb ROM format

Post by Pernod »

dagewa wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm
Does anyone know what format file JSBeeb expects for a ROM? I put some of the files from http://www.flaxcottage.com/BBC_ROMS/Default.asp under the roms/ directory on a forked copy of jsbeeb, but when I try to load any of them with the ?&rom= parameter I just got the message:
They are not ROM files, they are disk images containing ROM files. You'd have to first extract the ROM image from the disk image.
dagewa wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm
I started a (probably doomed) quest to use JSBeeb to explore a disc of InterWord files. I saw some old messages about emulators not being able to run InterWord because of the unusual format of the ROM. Is that still the case?
Only MAME is currently capable of running InterWord.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
dagewa

Re: JSBeeb ROM format

Post by dagewa »

Right thanks, I'll give up on the JSBeeb quest for now.

Return to “8-bit acorn emulators”