Pernod's Animation

want to contribute an update to the archive? post it here!
Pernod

Pernod's Animation

Post by Pernod » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Digitised Animation

For best results these should be viewed on a monochrome monitor.

This includes:
Digitised Cartoon
Scenes From Star Wars
Black & White Films
Attachments
DigitisedAnimation.zip
(215.7 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

Pernod

Re: Pernod's Animation

Post by Pernod » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Animation

A collection of animations from various sources. The Bouncing Ball demo is particularly impressive. Movie Maker is a commercial package and 3D Wars Demo is Orlando's unfinished game.

Code: Select all

CROW DUET,MAG
PIANO PLAYER
ROAD RUNNER,M.R.M.
TRAIN
BOUNCING BALL
FASTER BALL
MOVIE MAKER,Slippery Slug
ANIMATION
BONES,MRM
YOSSA
DAY AND NIGHT
BBC OWL
TRUMPTON
3D WARS DEMO
Attachments
Animation.zip
(111.58 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

bakoulis

Post by bakoulis » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Great job!
:D
2xElectron, 3xBBC B, BBC Master.
2xAcorn A310, A420/1, 2xA3000, 2xA3010, A3020, A4000, A5000.
2xRISC PC, Acorn Pocket Book, Acorn Pocket Book II.

SimonSideburns

Post by SimonSideburns » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Is it just me or are these demos (I've got several of these) on the Beeb nothing like the sort of demo found on other computers.

If you look at the demo scene on the ZX Spectrum (ok, the 128 usually due to faster loading from floppy etc.) or the similar things that get done on the C64, Amiga and so on, there are some very interesting and pretty things that can be done on such limited hardware.

Sadly, try looking for something with nice audio and graphics on the Beeb and we are left wanting. Thing is, the BBC Micro is surely up to the same sort of stuff, and has just as good a sound ability, but we end up (no offence) with bones, or palette switching which takes about 10 minutes to draw a screen (or a few screens) and then switches the palette to resemble animation, or changes the address of the screen start (and uses clever CRTC codes to shorten the screen size to fit in the screens).

Think we should all cooperate in making a demo to rival all these other platforms and this would put the Beeb back on the top spot.

Who's up for the challenge?
Just remember kids, Beeb spelled backwards is Beeb!

Pernod

Post by Pernod » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:11 pm

SimonSideburns wrote:Is it just me or are these demos (I've got several of these) on the Beeb nothing like the sort of demo found on other computers.
I agree, it's surprising there isn't anything similar for the Beeb like the 'scene' created for the C64 and later the Amiga. There's plenty of nice music demos (see Yorkshire Boys), but very little that mixes audio/graphics.
- Nigel

Pernod

Post by Pernod » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 am

Graphics & Drawing Programs

A collection of graphics and art programs, mainly typed from magazines, but also some commercial releases.

Includes 3D-Spitfire painfully typed from Beebug, and the more unusual ColourSpace from Llamasoft!

Code: Select all

3D-CUBE,BEEBUG
3D-SPITFIRE,BEEBUG
ZOOM,BEEBUG
ARTIST,MRM Software
DISCO LIGHTS,C&VG
XMAS CARD,A&B Computing
BEEB-ART,Quicksilva
PAINTBOX,Acorn User
SUPER PAINTER,Acorn User
PIXEL EDITOR,Acorn User
COLOURSPACE,Llamasoft
CREATIVE GRAPHICS,Acornsoft
DESIGN 7 PLUS,M/B Software
ART STUDIO,Impact
Attachments
GraphicsDrawing.zip
(114.46 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
- Nigel

pixelblip

Post by pixelblip » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Oh wow I've just fired this up. I remember so much of these. Thanks for posting these Pernod!

Talk about going back in time! Has it been 30 years? Time flies doesn't it. What an old codger I am. :lol:

I am trying to do some animation in Slippery Slug Movie Maker. Blimey it's still as difficult 30 years later! I almost got an animation out of it when I was 12!

I've been thinking of getting back into a bit of BBC Basic as well.......and teletext mode stuff.

Anyone recommend a good teletext editor please?

I am also going to fire up AMX Super Art. I've also suddenly remembered 'Page=&1500' after 30 years trying to get Acorn User's paint software working. It's still in there somewhere! :lol:

pixelblip

Post by pixelblip » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Looks like I found a good teletext editor.

http://kecskebak.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/teletext.html