Magic Castle - BBC Conversion

want to contribute an update to the archive? post it here!
AndyF

Magic Castle - BBC Conversion

Post by AndyF » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm

This a very, very simple game (51 locations and 39 objects) ported across from the Spectrum. On there, it was written with what I can only assume to be a pre-release quill or its predecessor, given the loader.

I did this yesterday, from downloading the original ZX tape to having the B version ready, including say 1/2 hour for a quick loader / screen and an hour bug testing / checking it via a walkthrough and fixing half a dozen bugs, was about 4 maybe 5 hours. =D>

This compares to quite a lot of hours (usually spread over several weeks) for other conversions.
mc1.png
mc1.png (3.02 KiB) Viewed 568 times
mc2.png
mc2.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Magic_Castle_B8.zip
(8.68 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Last edited by AndyF on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

* NEW * The Jetset Willy and Manic Miner community :)

Adventure games ported across to the BBC (in progress) as soon as I can find some time!

AndyF

Re: Magic Castle - BBC Conversion

Post by AndyF » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Updated to include 'B quill source for the curious. Although there's not much to it really.

I now note its 1983 but my files say 1985 I'll attend to that later, small problem.
Andy

* NEW * The Jetset Willy and Manic Miner community :)

Adventure games ported across to the BBC (in progress) as soon as I can find some time!

CMcDougall

Re: Magic Castle - BBC Conversion

Post by CMcDougall » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 pm

AndyF wrote: from downloading the original ZX tape to having the B version ready, including say 1/2 hour for a quick loader / screen and an hour bug testing / checking it via a walkthrough and fixing half a dozen bugs, was about 4 maybe 5 hours
well done Andy =D> :D
ImageImageImage