Attached a Palace of Magic discbeast -> HFE capture.
This POM was recorded over the top of a 40T Play It Again Sam 1 disc!
What I think happened is:
- POM uses a dual 40/80 format disc.
- Tracks 20-39 are for the 80T data.
- Tracks 40-79 are for the 40T data (double stepped).
- Tracks 1-19 are unformatted.
- The duplicator doesn't write unformatted tracks 1-19, to save time?
Here's an image of the recovered PIAS title screen from tracks 2,4,6:
It makes sense to me: if your duplication run for PIAS was a little.... over-enthusiastic? you're not going to toss the discs out. You'll re-use them.
contribute new/updated software missing from online archives
1 post • Page 1 of 1