Mac Arculator

ask about 32-bit emulators like ArcEm, Red Squirrel, Arculator or RPCEmu here
myelin

Re: Mac Arculator

Post by myelin » Wed May 23, 2018 8:51 pm

I tried increasing the screen memory (by clicking on the Acorn icon and dragging the bar up to 480kB, from the previous value of 96kB), but the same error occurred. It looks like the screen memory had been reset back down to 96kB afterward, so maybe !SICK modifies it as well...?
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in San Francisco, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most popular: fast serial port, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.

myelin

Re: Mac Arculator

Post by myelin » Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am

First pull request on the way! Not much actual Mac support stuff in there so far; I'm trying to clear out all the straightforward stuff (logging, basic tidying etc) to get the final diff down to a manageable size.

(Expect a lot more commits in the same vein -- I've already done all the deduplication work so that everything only gets defined once, for example, so please hold off on major changes to arc.h etc for a day or so! The mega-patch is still 2247 lines long, unfortunately, so I have a bit more to do...)

Update: Everything is in now. Anyone wanting to give this a try on their Mac, check out the for_upstream branch on my BitBucket account: https://bitbucket.org/myelin/arculator/ ... _upstream/

You'll need SDL2: brew install sdl2

Then you should be able to build Arculator: cd src; make -fMakefile.macos

To run it: mv Arculator ../; cd ..; ./Arculator

It needs a RISC OS ROM in one of the folders under roms/, but otherwise it should be good to go. Files in the hostfs folder will show up in HostFS. Edit arc.cfg to change settings (mem_size=4096, cpu=6, and memc=2 will give you approximately an A5000. The Command key simulates a middle mouse click, and you can release the mouse from the window after clicking on it with Function-Control-Right (or Ctrl-End on a full size keyboard).
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in San Francisco, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most popular: fast serial port, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.