3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

discuss both original and modern hardware for the bbc micro/electron
User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 6104
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by daveejhitchins »

@Paul - take a look at the photos of the PCB . . . the 'polarising-pegs' engage in the 'slots' in the PCB. The dxf is correct.

Dave H :D
User avatar
nOmArch
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Gloucestershire
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by nOmArch »

Sorry, please disregard my previous post as I was a little tired and wasn't exactly paying as much attention as I should of been... ie I got it completely wrong.

As you can see from this picture

Right Click and select view for supersize
Image

The PCB does, in fact, fit very well indeed. There is slightly less space between the PCB and outer shell compared to an original cart IIRC. which is a nice touch of the designer.

The only thing that is stopping me closing the two sides properly are the male connector parts which need to be a little smaller than they are being printed at the mo.

I would still make both cartridge sides and the female connector holes a little thicker if at all possible as it would strengthen it overall. I realise that in relation to the female connectors there is precious little room to play with unless the PCB holes can be made a bit bigger. No idea how easy that would be though.

The top sticker part also prints absolutely fine but would be easy to get rid of. I personally would lean towards keeping it though as it does keep the seem nicely hidden.

Anyway those are my observations with my fully alert head on :)
Alex

Back up to 1 Beeb again. \o/
paulb
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by paulb »

daveejhitchins wrote:@Paul - take a look at the photos of the PCB . . . the 'polarising-pegs' engage in the 'slots' in the PCB. The dxf is correct.
Are the "pegs" the raised parts of the support struts (one being 13.2mm, the other 10.7mm) that fit in the long holes directly above (on the board) the outermost edge connector contacts, causing those outer tracks (22B and 1B) to be diverted? I'm struggling with the vocabulary here.
paulb
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by paulb »

nOmArch wrote:The PCB does, in fact, fit very well indeed. There is slightly less space between the PCB and outer shell compared to an original cart IIRC. which is a nice touch of the designer.
It looks great! :) It's difficult to make things out, but the general dimensions look OK. The tight fit is due to me adding thickness internally rather than externally, so that might need to be the next focus.
nOmArch wrote:The only thing that is stopping me closing the two sides properly are the male connector parts which need to be a little smaller than they are being printed at the mo.
This should be possible to arrange.
nOmArch wrote:I would still make both cartridge sides and the female connector holes a little thicker if at all possible as it would strengthen it overall. I realise that in relation to the female connectors there is precious little room to play with unless the PCB holes can be made a bit bigger. No idea how easy that would be though.
Unless we hit some kind of printing resolution limit, I think we could solve this.
nOmArch wrote:The top sticker part also prints absolutely fine but would be easy to get rid of. I personally would lean towards keeping it though as it does keep the seem nicely hidden.

Anyway those are my observations with my fully alert head on :)
Very helpful, thanks! :) Again, I aim to make all the controversial inset parts optional so that people can leave them out. I could even make the grooves optional, too.
User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 6104
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by daveejhitchins »

paulb wrote:Are the "pegs" the raised parts of the support struts (one being 13.2mm, the other 10.7mm) that fit in the long holes directly above (on the board) the outermost edge connector contacts, causing those outer tracks (22B and 1B) to be diverted? I'm struggling with the vocabulary here.
:lol: =D>

I deserved that :-D

Dave H :D
User avatar
nOmArch
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Gloucestershire
Contact:

Re: 3D Pinter Choice - Kit - For Printing Cartridges

Post by nOmArch »

paulb wrote:
Very helpful, thanks! :) Again, I aim to make all the controversial inset parts optional so that people can leave them out. I could even make the grooves optional, too.
No problem :) Printing stuff is great fun, so keep the designs coming!
Alex

Back up to 1 Beeb again. \o/
Post Reply

Return to “8-bit acorn hardware”