Microvitec CUB Triplers

for bbc micro/electron hardware, peripherals & programming issues (NOT emulators!)
retroclinic

Microvitec CUB Triplers

Post by retroclinic » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi Folks.

Does anyone know for sure if you can replace a blown "green" type tripler, with the later "blue" one? They seem to be a mechanical direct replacement, but what about electrically? I'd rather know for sure before I fit it than find out by blowing the chassis up :!:

Regards, Mark.

MartinB

Re: Microvitec CUB Triplers

Post by MartinB » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Do you happen to know the original B or BG part numbers for the two types? (For example, I think a Series 3 used a BG1897-642-3)

If by any chance you do, supplier equivalent tables such as this show if there is a common HR or HRT replacement and therefore by inference that the two types are interchangeable.

retroclinic

Post by retroclinic » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks for that list Martin, I'll save it and take a look when I get round to getting the monitors out.

Mark.

zeem

Post by zeem » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

retroclinic wrote:Hi Folks.

Does anyone know for sure if you can replace a blown "green" type tripler, with the later "blue" one?
Yes. I have done this with two separate issue 3 Cubs where the green triplers drifted out of focus, and the donor monitors had faults beyond my abilities so were used for spares.