Adding a Raspberry Pi Second Processor running PiTubeDirect using KenLowe's Level-Shifter Interface

discuss both original and modern hardware for the bbc micro/electron
hoglet

Re: Adding a Raspberry Pi Second Processor running PiTubeDirect using KenLowe's Level-Shifter Interface

Post by hoglet » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Wheel_nut wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:54 pm
Like Kazzie, I would like the Beeb to boot as a standard Beeb and then let me turn on the Co-Processors as required. I have now edited the first post in this thread to show my work-around for this but BigEd's proposition looks good if it is easily do-able.
Just so people don't get the wrong idea, an alternative Null Co Pro that works as outlined is a considerable amount of work!

Dave

Wheel_nut

Re: Adding a Raspberry Pi Second Processor running PiTubeDirect using KenLowe's Level-Shifter Interface

Post by Wheel_nut » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:14 pm

hoglet wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:59 pm
Wheel_nut wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:54 pm
Like Kazzie, I would like the Beeb to boot as a standard Beeb and then let me turn on the Co-Processors as required. I have now edited the first post in this thread to show my work-around for this but BigEd's proposition looks good if it is easily do-able.
Just so people don't get the wrong idea, an alternative Null Co Pro that works as outlined is a considerable amount of work!

Dave
Hi Dave, Yes, I realised that it was a lot of work and all of it way above my pay grade! I am happy to live with my alternative solution though if this lockdown continues into the Summer, I may have a fiddle with the start-up timer.

Robin
#1 BBC Model B Issue 7 + 1770 DFS + Dual TEAC Floppy
#2 BBC Model B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Dual Floppy + Speech + PiTubeDirect on KenLowe's Tube Level Shifter
#3 BBC Model B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Cumana Single Floppy

Return to “8-bit acorn hardware”