A Little Help Please !

for bbc micro/electron hardware, peripherals & programming issues (NOT emulators!)
BeebMan2018

A Little Help Please !

Post by BeebMan2018 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Hey guys its me again,

OK So to update you that don't recognize me. I'm new and have just plugged in an MMFS into my +1. I also have an SD Card plugged into my printer port !

OK so when i first boot i generally do the following.

*DISC
*DCAT3 (4 DISCS FOUND)
*DIN2 (I THINK THIS IS THE SD CARD BUT ITS UNNAMMED AND I DON'T YET KNOW HOW TO RENAME IT)
*CAT (LISTS THE FILES IN DIN2)

OK So from here i can type in my basic and save them to DIN2 and thats all fine. Im struggling a little finding my way about the DFS and using it but that will come with time. My main issue right now is before i got the MMFS and SD Card i saved some listings to tape. I would like to load them from tape and now save them to the SD Card but i dot know how :/ Am i overthinking this ?

Elminster

Re: A Little Help Please !

Post by Elminster » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:22 pm

I don’t have one, but would it not be something like.

Code: Select all

*TAPE
LOAD “”
LIST
*DISC
SAVE “Somename”

duikkie

Post by duikkie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:43 am

maybe you can read the manual ?

to save from tape to sd card:

*tape
load or *load program

i think by mmfs
*card or commando for mmfs rom
*din xxx (xxx=0 to 512)
save or *save your program

repeat the proces

BeebMan2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
Hey guys its me again,

OK So to update you that don't recognize me. I'm new and have just plugged in an MMFS into my +1. I also have an SD Card plugged into my printer port !

OK so when i first boot i generally do the following.

*DISC
*DCAT3 (4 DISCS FOUND)
*DIN2 (I THINK THIS IS THE SD CARD BUT ITS UNNAMMED AND I DON'T YET KNOW HOW TO RENAME IT)
*CAT (LISTS THE FILES IN DIN2)

OK So from here i can type in my basic and save them to DIN2 and thats all fine. Im struggling a little finding my way about the DFS and using it but that will come with time. My main issue right now is before i got the MMFS and SD Card i saved some listings to tape. I would like to load them from tape and now save them to the SD Card but i dot know how :/ Am i overthinking this ?

rharper

Post by rharper » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:14 pm

BeebMan2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 pm
*DIN 0 2 will load disk image 2 into Drive 0
*TITLE Disk2name will set the title of the disk which the system uses for the names of the disk images.
Then *DIN 0 Disk2name will do the same as *DIN 0 2
You can of course load to any of the 4 (n=0-3) Drives. *DRIVE n will take you there.
Ray
Raycomp