UPURS cable and rom ?

for bbc micro/electron hardware, peripherals & programming issues (NOT emulators!)
Back2skooldaze

UPURS cable and rom ?

Post by Back2skooldaze » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi, Can some one please tell me if RetroKit are still selling the UPURS cable and rom ?

I have messaged RetroKit numerous times about wanting one and i get no reply? I even went on the facebook channel of the UPURS guy who developed it and supposed to still sell it ? And after a message on his facebook i get no reply ???

Can anyone help as i would really like to try the UPURS cable+rom setup

Last edited by Back2skooldaze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MartinB

Re: UPURS cable and rom ?

Post by MartinB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Paul, who owns RetroKit, has been a little poorly in recent times and “the UPURS guy who developed it” doesn’t have (and has never had) a Farcebook account, let alone a “channel”! You should maybe send him a PM on here....

Last edited by MartinB on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm

So all these years you claimed to developed it Martin and turns out it was some other person :evil: I will have to update the hardware list to ‘Facebook guy’
Last edited by Elminster on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:20 pm

He can poke this on his wall tag.....

poop.jpg
poop.jpg (4.49 KiB) Viewed 537 times

:D

VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi @Back2skooldaze,

I think what this comes down to is that if you send MartinB a message, he might be able to give you some advice about getting hold of UPURS cables and ROMs. I can personally attest that he's really helpful!

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Oh, did I not make that clear....? :lol:

danielj

Post by danielj » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Who are you again? :?

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Without Farcebook, apparently nobody.....

danielj

Post by danielj » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:41 pm

:(

Back2skooldaze

Post by Back2skooldaze » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 am

So i got it wrong :( being new to the Retro-Acorn scene i thought the guy Paul (Retrokit.co.uk) who i was told to contact on face book as he was still active to see if he still sold the cable and rom?

Ok so is this Paul's facebook page/channel https://www.facebook.com/RetroKitUK/ ???

Is It Paulv ?

On Retrokit.co.uk i did message Martin Barr a few times from that site with no reply. I do apologise that i fully took it that Paul was the one who developed the UPURS and understand NOW that it was Martin Barr's project. :-$

Oh and i am not a big fan of facebook either :!: All my family members don't even know i exist as i have no facebook account :roll: But i do have a youtube channel :lol: And i am on QRZ.Com So i do truly exist :mrgreen:

Contact Martin
You can contact Martin Barr directly using the UPURS contact page. And that's what i did. :o
Last edited by Back2skooldaze on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:00 am, edited 22 times in total.

danielj

Post by danielj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:39 am

Don't worry :)
Paul is indeed PaulV and MartinB is MartinB. MartinB may or may not be real, but evidence strongly suggests he is, even without his data having been hoarded by a multinational advertising corporation. :)

d

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:23 am

Hello Andrew - no idea if I’m real or not :-k but I’ll send you a PM with my email address and you can ping me on there. In essence, I can provide an UPURS cable and rom but I’m away on hols at the moment so you’re looking at two or three weeks lead-time I’m afraid. There are already two orders queued up for folk on here so it won’t be a problem to do another... 8)

(btw - There used to be an auto-forward to me on Retro-Kit but I don’t really supply cables etc. in any quantity anymore due to Beeb project bandwidth issues.)

Last edited by MartinB on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:51 pm

@ Back2skooldaze - did you still want a cable and rom? I did PM you a while ago and I see that you read it but as far as I know, I haven't had an email from you unless it got inadvertently spammed? I have a bunch of the necessary connectors etc. on order so let me know because I'll be building some cables soon.

Back2skooldaze

Post by Back2skooldaze » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Martin, Just letting you know the UPURS cable and Rom is fantastic! ;) I know we got of on the wrong foot but all turned good in the end :)

I'm using the cable on the BBC Master with the Rom in a cartridge case which has a Commstar Rom in ;) I like the Master as its easier to fit Roms.
The cable works extremely fast in sending files from the pc/hercules to the BBC disk drive. I just need to get a uef file to work.

Thanks once again Martin truly appreciate all your help :wink:

MartinB

Post by MartinB » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi Andrew - good to hear you're up and running 8)

Regarding UPCFS and UEF's, I'll post something over on the UPURS home thread shortly....