Removing Master Modem board

discuss both original and modern hardware for the bbc micro/electron
kieranhj

Removing Master Modem board

Post by kieranhj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Hey all,

My Master has a Master Modem installed which I would like to remove. The screws are easy but the white ribbon cable connecting it to the main motherboard is not budging and I don't want to break anything. Do I require any specific tools or am I doing it wrong? ;)

Picture attached to illustrate. Any and all advice gratefully received!

Thanks,
Kieran
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/

kieranhj

Re: Removing Master Modem board

Post by kieranhj » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/

poink

Post by poink » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:36 pm

kieranhj wrote:Do I require any specific tools or am I doing it wrong? ;)
Looking I've always assumed that there's a clip which you'd have to pull before you could remove the cable; locking clips in general are fairly common on flat cables.

The installation section (page 11) of the Beebug Master Modem Manual seems to confirm there's a clip you have to pull up.

RobC

Post by RobC » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:49 pm

poink wrote:
kieranhj wrote:Do I require any specific tools or am I doing it wrong? ;)
Looking I've always assumed that there's a clip which you'd have to pull before you could remove the cable; locking clips in general are fairly common on flat cables.

The installation section (page 11) of the Beebug Master Modem Manual seems to confirm there's a clip you have to pull up.
Yes - I had to lift the clip up to fit the cable from the SCSI board on my Master AIV.

Return to “8-bit acorn hardware”