Orion by Minerva software

subjects relating to classic games for the archimedes and risc pc
aerobaticant

Orion by Minerva software

Post by aerobaticant » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have a working ADF image of Orion by Minerva Software?
I'd like to have a reliable backup for use on my Gotek drive (FlashFloppy) with real Archimedes hardware.

Using Greaseweazle to image the disc and create an hfe file for FlashFloppy, the game still detects that it's not the original floppy and freezes, laughing, after a couple of minutes. :roll:

I have seen that a, presumably cracked, version is available legally on JASPP as a .jfd file, but not having ADFFS on my A310 I haven't been able to convert it.

Can anyone help?
Attachments
20200319_150855.png
Original Orion disc

sirbod

Re: Orion by Minerva software

Post by sirbod » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:04 pm

aerobaticant wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 pm
I have seen that a, presumably cracked, version is available legally on JASPP as a .jfd file, but not having ADFFS on my A310 I haven't been able to convert it.
Let's clear one point up straight away, the floppy images on JASPP are all digital copies of the originals with the protection intact and are unaltered in any way.

aerobaticant

Post by aerobaticant » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 pm

OK, that's fair enough. I read a comment on another board that implied some images had protection removed.

My question still stands: has anyone made an image that will work from a Gotek with FlashFloppy?

aerobaticant

Post by aerobaticant » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:20 pm

OK - I've now got a working solution!

I created an empty 800K floppy using HxC with the following settings, and then saved it as a .HFE image.
adfs_hxc.png

Then I used "Archive Disk Copier" on the Archimedes itself to do a sector copy of the original floppy to the Gotek using the .HFE image.
As the .ADF file can't properly have unformatted sectors it didn't work. The .HFE though, appears to be working:
20200320_105851.png

Return to “32-bit acorn software: classic games”