Is there an easy way to fill up a CF card?

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

BBCNoob

Is there an easy way to fill up a CF card?

Post by BBCNoob » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 pm

I've got an A3010 with a CF card that's been formatted with IDEFS.

Is there an easy way to fill it up from my Windows 10 based PC, rather than having to copy things bit by bit with a floppy?

stuslayer

Re: Is there an easy way to fill up a CF card?

Post by stuslayer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:25 pm

I also have a A3010 with a 512Mb DOM from IanS on these forums. It works great, so I am also looking at solutions to get software onto it. The best thing I've found are the Gotek floppy drive emulators, which if you're not familiar, allow you to transfer disc images from a PC onto a USB drive, so effectively giving you a catalogue of floppies that you can access via the Gotek device. They are not expensive, and a lot more reliable than 25 year old floppies. Mine is on it's way to me as we speak :D

danielj

Re: Is there an easy way to fill up a CF card?

Post by danielj » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Use WinImage to clone the card to a file on the PC, mount in Archimedes/RiscPC emulator, put all the stuff you want on it, restore back to CF card (make sure you've backed up the original first), and Robert's your mother's brother.

As you'll be using ADFS I think it'll only see the first partition. Not sure if you can get Wizzo to run on the arc emulator to see all of them...

d.

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”