Were any images bundled with Artisan?

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)Related forum: adventures

map84

Were any images bundled with Artisan?

Post by map84 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi,
I remember using Artisan(though I seem to recall my dad referring to it as pro artisan) as a young child in the late 90s, he was an art teacher so would often bring home an a30x0 over school holidays. I had hours of fun drawing with this software, and in particular I would fiddle around with some drawings that I believe were included with it, the extinct bird- the dodo, and a building with a fountain, though I've never seen these referenced anywhere else, so perhaps it was a talented student that had done them, though I don't believe they were saved on a separate disk.
I just wondered, if these were part of the package, and if so if anyone has any information on them.
Many thanks,
Mark

sbadger

Re: Were any images bundled with Artisan?

Post by sbadger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:02 am

I recall a Rembrandt self portrait on the Pro Artisan disc
So many projects, so little time...

map84

Post by map84 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:20 pm

sbadger wrote:I recall a Rembrandt self portrait on the Pro Artisan disc
I believe there were more than the two I mentioned, sadly those are the only ones I have a clear recollection of. Interesting to hear about the Rembrandt though.

adutchuser

Post by adutchuser » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 am

From what I recall there was:
Dali tiger with melting clock
Escher fountain

paulv

Post by paulv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm

I remember a Mediterranean villa and an art deco era woman. Pretty sure that was Artisan on the A310 in our art department when I was at secondary school.

Paul

map84

Post by map84 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 am

paulv wrote:I remember a Mediterranean villa and an art deco era woman. Pretty sure that was Artisan on the A310 in our art department when I was at secondary school.

Paul
The villa is the image I believe I must be recalling. Sounds like there must actually have been quite the range, or at least some variation when it came to what was bundled.