Revolver release date

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)Related forum: adventures


Post Reply
sirbod
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Revolver release date

Post by sirbod » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 am

Have any of you that have magazine collections come across a review of Revolver around its release date?

In game, it states it will be available in Oct, but doesn't state which year. The files are datestamped 1900 and there's no copyright date, so no clues there.

If someone could point me to a review, that should pin the year down.

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: Revolver release date

Post by Zarchos » Sat May 20, 2017 9:08 am

It's after 1991, let me dig that out.

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: Revolver release date

Post by Zarchos » Sat May 20, 2017 10:20 am

To narrow down the research, it must have been released between January 1992 and Christmas 1996.
I don't have all the mags at hand at the moment, but from the adverts, it's what I can tell.

Xavier.

User avatar
Pernod
Posts: 1226
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 pm
Location: Croydon, UK
Contact:

Re: Revolver release date

Post by Pernod » Sat May 20, 2017 11:18 am

A quick Google finds it reviewed in http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/ ... tmas-1995/
- Nigel

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

sirbod
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Revolver release date

Post by sirbod » Sat May 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Pernod wrote:A quick Google finds it reviewed in Acorn User Christmas 1995
Oct 1995 then, thanks.

Does anyone have a copy of the magazine that could read the review and confirm?

dp11
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Revolver release date

Post by dp11 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:49 pm


sirbod
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Revolver release date

Post by sirbod » Mon May 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Now that's a very useful site, thanks. I don't suppose you know of a similar site for Archimedes World? Been after a few issues for a while for game walkthroughs.

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: Revolver release date

Post by Zarchos » Mon May 22, 2017 6:38 pm

sirbod wrote:Now that's a very useful site, thanks. I don't suppose you know of a similar site for Archimedes World? Been after a few issues for a while for game walkthroughs.
Which issues ?
I could have some duplicates I could give you.

sirbod
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Revolver release date

Post by sirbod » Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Zarchos wrote:Which issues ?
I could have some duplicates I could give you.
I believe one walkthrough was in Jan '93 but I'm not sure which the others are in, they may also have had maps of some games in them, again I don't know which editions. Scans of just the walkthroughs/maps would be sufficient for my needs.

Zarchos
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 am
Location: FRANCE

Re: Revolver release date

Post by Zarchos » Mon May 22, 2017 7:08 pm

sirbod wrote:
Zarchos wrote:Which issues ?
I could have some duplicates I could give you.
I believe one walkthrough was in Jan '93 but I'm not sure which the others are in, they may also have had maps of some games in them, again I don't know which editions. Scans of just the walkthroughs/maps would be sufficient for my needs.
OK I'll check.

Post Reply