Though it lacks the convenience of having a hotel and restaurant on-site, it does hold many advantages over Halifax:
- the biggest advantage is that the space has kindly been made available FREE OF CHARGE - so no more having to cover the price of costly room hires and from a purely selfish point of view, we (as in myself and Simon) no longer have to worry about chasing room contributions or being out of pocket on the room hire if we don't get the numbers/if people drop out
- we have the ability to store tables there - which totally eliminates the need to make 1hr 30 minute round trips before and after a meet to collect/return hired trestle tables!!
- a number of Acorn monitors will be stored on-site, which can be offered for use by ABug attendees who might struggle to bring their own screen with them
- high speed wifi will be offered free of charge
- on-site toilets and small kitchen with fridge
- there's still a Holiday Inn just around the corner, which seems to do reasonably good rates: when I last checked they were around £50/night or less
We'll be creating threads for each of the upcoming meets in due course. In the mean time, please check out the Core Events thread for information about the itinerary.
Ok, here are some images and video clips to give you a taster of what's in store!
Video (Pan of room)
Video (Estimate of the no of tables we can fit in!)
N.B. These photos/videos were taken a week last Friday - and there has already been 'movement' since then!
Finally a couple more photos to whet the appetite ... Our host (Gary) has kindly sourced some appropriately-themed mugs for visitors to the ABug meets to sup tea/coffee (or in my case, hot Vimto) out of!
Looks as if we may be sorted for snacks too! (Though DaveF and myself will need to find some veggie/vegan alternatives!).
Oh, and I forgot to take a snap of the fridge, which is now stacked full of coke/diet coke/bottles of water too!