Manchester's Celebration of 80s Video Gaming
16th-17th July 2011
The Lass O'Gowrie
36 Charles Street
In Da 80s is a two-day retro gaming event that will be taking place on the weekend of 16-17th July 2011 at the Lass O'Gowrie Pub in the heart of Manchester, home of the monthly "Computer Club" gaming evenings.
The event is intended to be a laid back gathering for the retro gaming community, giving visitors the chance to play a selection of classic arcade machines, 8-bit home computers and consoles, whilst sampling a selection of fine ales and good food.
This event will also be hosting a Homebrew Coding Weekend - a chance for an informal discussion between independent programmers from across the UK, and the chance to meet some legendary coders from the commercial era including Andy Walker (Taskset Software) as well as Jim Bagley and Paul Hughes (both ex-Ocean).
As usual, do let us all know if you're planning on attending by posting a reply to this topic.
- Samwise +1
- Arcadian (DaveM)
- sirmorris (CharlieR)
- prime (PhillHS)
- BeebMaster (IanW)
- kingcobra (JonathanP)
- TheKraken (MichaelS)
- IanStocks (IanS)
- GaryForrest (GaryF)
- BTW (DarrenS)
- Kevin Edwards (Galaforce 1 & 2, Crazee Rider, Atomic Protector, Amnesia [unfinished])
- Kenton Price (Starquake, Ripton, Hyper Viper, Klepto Kapers [unfinished])
- TomWalker (TomW) Hard Hat Harry, White Light, Repton: TLR
- oss003 (Kees van-Oss) Atom versions of HHH, Hyper Viper & Jet Set Miner
- DaveFootitt (DaveF) Mountain Panic
- sorvad (SteveO) SWIFT
- StarshipCommand (JoolsH) Mixed Grill March
- KianVincent (KianV) Mazezam
- Tricky (RichardB) Jeltron
- DaveEdwards (DaveE) Sunday
- ColinDavies (ColinD) Aquarius