Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

threads relating to past classic gaming/computing events
User avatar
helpful
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by helpful » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am

sydney wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm
There are usually a few kids there who have a go on the games and end up getting their dads to have a go too but there was only 1 that I saw yesterday so my stand was pretty quiet.
They were all next door playing games on the AMCOG stand :lol:
RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/
RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/

User avatar
1024MAK
Posts: 10292
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by 1024MAK » Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 am

helpful wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am
sydney wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm
There are usually a few kids there who have a go on the games and end up getting their dads to have a go too but there was only 1 that I saw yesterday so my stand was pretty quiet.
They were all next door playing games on the AMCOG stand :lol:
That link gets me only this error message
Error 403: Forbidden
(Generated by '/news/uploaded/2019/wakefield/12.jpg')

Your browser requested a page which is not available to the public, or are trying to link directly to an image file which is not allowed on this domain.
:(

Mark

User avatar
shawty
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by shawty » Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am

1024MAK wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:40 am
helpful wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:55 am
sydney wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm
There are usually a few kids there who have a go on the games and end up getting their dads to have a go too but there was only 1 that I saw yesterday so my stand was pretty quiet.
They were all next door playing games on the AMCOG stand :lol:
That link gets me only this error message
Error 403: Forbidden
(Generated by '/news/uploaded/2019/wakefield/12.jpg')

Your browser requested a page which is not available to the public, or are trying to link directly to an image file which is not allowed on this domain.
:(

Mark
Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
Been around I.T. since the Beeb was born, maybe you've seen me around :D

User avatar
daveejhitchins
Posts: 5912
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by daveejhitchins » Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm

I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .

Dave H :D

User avatar
shawty
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by shawty » Wed May 01, 2019 4:23 pm

daveejhitchins wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm
I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .

Dave H :D
I didn't even realise that was still printed!!!
Been around I.T. since the Beeb was born, maybe you've seen me around :D

RobC
Posts: 2994
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by RobC » Wed May 01, 2019 5:04 pm

daveejhitchins wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm
I've just realised that there wasn't an issue of Archive available this year :( Usually look forward to reading through it the day after the show . . .
Unfortunately, Jim Nagel was ill. He sent out an e-mail just before the show to say that he'd gone down with a bug but also said that the latest issue would go in the post after the show.

User avatar
richardtoohey
Posts: 3986
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by richardtoohey » Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 am

shawty wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am
Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
In Firefox if you clicked on the link, just go up to the address bar, click on it to get input focus and press Enter - it will draw the image properly.

Or just clicking on the link & refresh might do the same.

User avatar
shawty
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Location: North East England
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by shawty » Thu May 02, 2019 12:12 pm

richardtoohey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 am
shawty wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am
Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
In Firefox if you clicked on the link, just go up to the address bar, click on it to get input focus and press Enter - it will draw the image properly.

Or just clicking on the link & refresh might do the same.
Interesting.....

I wonder if that's a "feature" built into thier CMS then to discourage "deep linking".... (Sorry, I switched to web developer mode for a minute there...)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Been around I.T. since the Beeb was born, maybe you've seen me around :D

User avatar
1024MAK
Posts: 10292
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
Contact:

Re: Wakefield RISC OS show 27/4/19

Post by 1024MAK » Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 pm

richardtoohey wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 am
shawty wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am
Yea same here, drives me mad when web owners do things like that, you'll have to go all the way to the front page, then click through all the links to get to the right news article and photo, before you can finally click the photo to view it full size.
In Firefox if you clicked on the link, just go up to the address bar, click on it to get input focus and press Enter - it will draw the image properly.
Works for Safari on iOS as well. Thanks Richard =D>

Mark

Post Reply

Return to “past events & exhibitions”