Page 4 of 6

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am
by sydney
Hi guys.
Everything is paid for and there is £105 left.
Tea and coffee is £2.50 per person per day which works out at £42.50 per day for 17 of us. We can decide on the day if we want to add it so I will probably not adjust the booking but I'd like to know if we really want to spend £85 on tea and coffee, particularly since Sunday will probably only be a half day? I'm happy to bring a kettle and buy enough tea, coffee, milk and sugar for everyone for a lot less than £85. Everyone will need to bring a mug though.
I may just be me but I'd rather use the money for something more than a drink.
Let me know what you guys want to do.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:21 am
by JudgeBeeb
I never drink tea or coffee, so that's one less to put into the equation.

[Edit: or is it one fewer?]

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:49 pm
by IanS
You bring a kettle and we each bring a mug sounds like a good idea to me.

The hot water normally provided never makes a good mug of tea.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:12 pm
by flaxcottage
Sounds good to me. I drink beer anyway! It makes for good programming later in the day. Ha Ha. :lol:

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:58 pm
by JudgeBeeb
I was wondering whether any will be there who would be kind enough to reprogram my Matchbox CoPro to the latest firmware?

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:15 pm
by danielj
Yup :)

d.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 pm
by JudgeBeeb
Thanks.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:37 pm
by sydney
danielj wrote:Yup :)

d.
I'll bring my programming rig and plenty more hair bobbles if that will help.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 pm
by danielj
Definitely! it'll prevent me having to solder anything on to anything :D

d.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:31 pm
by sydney
Just renewed my taxi insuance and saved £780 so I'll be down on the Friday, hopefully arriving around 4pm.
I'm going to be working on maknig a mouse for my 128 using Daniels instructions and trying to connect a ch375b usb interface to the internal econect connector on a master.
What's everyone else going to be up to?
Any preference on tea and coffee brands? Are Nescafe Gold Blend and Yorkshire Tea ok?
Im going to book the curry house tonight so let me know if you are coming.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:10 pm
by flaxcottage
Hope to be working on my UK101 to Raspberry Pi server project, so lots of soldering, machine code programming and cursing, hopefully followed by a slight cheer. :D

No curry, though, thanks.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:26 pm
by JudgeBeeb
Does anyone have a 1MHz bus cable they could lend me for the duration? I had ordered the necessary bits to make one up, but they haven't arrived yet and I am not going to be back at home until after Halifax.

Any assistance with that would be really appreciated.

I am planning to see if I can get an FM Synthesiser working via the 1MHz bus, and it would be a real disappointment if the project failed merely for the want of a cable. (Much better it fails for some far less disappointing reason.)

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 pm
by sydney
lazarusr wrote:Does anyone have a 1MHz bus cable they could lend me for the duration? I had ordered the necessary bits to make one up, but they haven't arrived yet and I am not going to be back at home until after Halifax.

Any assistance with that would be really appreciated.

I am planning to see if I can get an FM Synthesiser working via the 1MHz bus, and it would be a real disappointment if the project failed merely for the want of a cable. (Much better it fails for some far less disappointing reason.)
I have one you can use. I have never used it so can't say if it works or not, no reason it shouldn't work though. Would that be even more disappointing?

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:05 pm
by JudgeBeeb
sydney wrote:I have one you can use. I have never used it so can't say if it works or not, no reason it shouldn't work though. Would that be even more disappointing?
Then we would be in the realms of it just not working for a considerable number of possible (but ultimately unascertainable) reasons including, but by no means limited to, defective cabling.

I am very grateful, nonetheless, and I agree that it is unlikely that it wouldn't work.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:53 am
by jbnbeeb
Hi Simon
Definitely put me down for curry night!
Thanks,
Jason

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:47 am
by sixxdog_uk
Helping hand anyone?

As you all know I'm pretty hopeless! :P

I have an Acorn monitor with a broken power switch , I have the switch , but after a encounter with the wrong end of a CRT tube as a kid I'm reluctant to get inside this one and dig about.

If I was to bring it to Halifax along with the replacement switch would any of you guys be willing to make sure I don't fry myself trying to replace it , or even be willing to replace it for me?

Alternatively you could run a sweep stakes as to how many mins in to the attempted repair I fly across the room :P

Thanks in advance for either helping or laughing , either one is good :)

Alex

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 am
by sydney
OK. Final list for the curry is:

CURRY NIGHT (SATURDAY)
  1. sydney (Simon)
  2. hoglet (Dave)
  3. lazarusr (Robert)
  4. IanS (Ian)
  5. Prime (Phill)
  6. danielj (Daniel)
  7. richardtoohey (Richard)
  8. sixxdog_uk (Alex)
  9. sPhilMannering (Phil)
  10. jbnbeeb (Jason)
  11. mattyj (Matt)
  12. hiddenevil (James)
Arcadian and flaxcottage both said no, broadcast storm said maybe, JGH and DaveH have not expressed a preference.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:42 pm
by IanS
sydney wrote:Arcadian and flaxcottage both said no, broadcast storm said maybe, JGH and DaveH have not expressed a preference.
What?, DaveH not having the customary Biryani?

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:19 pm
by sydney
IanS wrote:
sydney wrote:Arcadian and flaxcottage both said no, broadcast storm said maybe, JGH and DaveH have not expressed a preference.
What?, DaveH not having the customary Biryani?
:lol: I'm sure it's just slipped his mind. He may have even told me in person and I've just forgotten.

I've booked a table for 15 - 12 confirmed,1 maybe and 2 others. It's booked for 7:30pm, I'll be taking the car and we'll need a couple of others to drive as well. They don't serve alcohol so if you want it you'll have to buy it at an off license before we get there. I think there is one close to the restaurant.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:21 pm
by MartinB
He hates the stuff really, he only orders it coz its an anagram of "I Binary"...

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm
by Arcadian
Put me down for one of the places Simon and I'll see if they'll do me a bowl of chips!

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:02 pm
by sydney
Arcadian wrote:Put me down for one of the places Simon and I'll see if they'll do me a bowl of chips!
Here's a pdf of the menu. Scampi or chicken nuggets any good?

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:08 pm
by Arcadian
Heheh, no (vegetarian that doesn't like vegetables :oops:).

I spy Chips though! Sorted! :D

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:28 am
by daveejhitchins
IanS wrote:What?, DaveH not having the customary Biryani?
He-he . . . Still not finished one :?

Dave H :D

p.s. I'll go-with-the-flow . . .

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:20 am
by mattyj
sixxdog_uk wrote:Helping hand anyone?

As you all know I'm pretty hopeless! :P

I have an Acorn monitor with a broken power switch , I have the switch , but after a encounter with the wrong end of a CRT tube as a kid I'm reluctant to get inside this one and dig about.

If I was to bring it to Halifax along with the replacement switch would any of you guys be willing to make sure I don't fry myself trying to replace it , or even be willing to replace it for me?

Alternatively you could run a sweep stakes as to how many mins in to the attempted repair I fly across the room :P

Thanks in advance for either helping or laughing , either one is good :)

Alex
I can help you with that Alex.
I'll even bring my PAT tester.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:19 am
by danielj
Weyhey :D

-> is there anything specific anyone wants me to bring? I'll have some stuff to have an econet set up. If I haven't got this RiscPC motherboard up and running I'll be working on that too. Also will be bringing things to reprogram matchbox copros and a kryoflux. And I'll be trying to fix beeb ADFS to get it to run on the Master, so I better bring a hex editor...

d.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm
by Prime
Will anyone be bringing a desoldering gun as it would save me having to disconnect and bring mine ?

I will bring my soldering iron as that takes up much less space, along with eprom, CPLD, AVR and PIC programmers.

Other than that anything anyone wants me to bring?

Cheers.

Phill.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:09 pm
by IanS
Prime wrote:Other than that anything anyone wants me to bring?
Any chance you can bring your System clone, I don't think I ever saw it running as an Econet Server. Be good to get that and an Atom networked.

Thanks.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 am
by JudgeBeeb
I am likely to be arriving tonight, so please let me know if you would like any help setting things up tomorrow afternoon.

Re: ABug North 10/11/12 June 2016, Halifax

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:45 am
by Prime
IanS wrote:
Prime wrote:Other than that anything anyone wants me to bring?
Any chance you can bring your System clone, I don't think I ever saw it running as an Econet Server. Be good to get that and an Atom networked.
Sure I believe that it's in the box with my Atom stuff, I don't thin k I had it talking to an Atom though..... I see no reason why it would not, though IIRC it's effeectively an L2 server. Deffo worked with an econeted Beeb tho.

Cheers.

Phill.