Following on from the successful user group meeting on the 22nd of November I'm pleased to announce the second Acorn & BBC Micro User Group NORTH meeting! We asked the attendees at the first meeting if the 7th of February was ok and the answer was a resounding yes, unfortunately the venue is booked on the 7th and the rest of February is out for me and Dave so we've gone for the 31st of January. I have the booking on hold until tomorrow night but if I book it there will be no problem in cancelling if the date turns out to be completely unsuitable.
The more observant of you will have noticed the change in name for the event, this is purely to give a nice acronym - ABUG - which looks and sounds a lot better than BAUG.
We have the room from 8am - 10pm on Saturday the 31st of January. If there is interest we could also get the room on Sunday the 1st of February for a morning or full day.
We're looking for £12 per attendee to contribute to the cost of the conference room and hire of additional tables (Arcadian and I will cover any shortfall) and if there's any cash leftover it'll go towards soft drinks/snacks for the weekend or possibly booking the room for Sunday morning if there is interest. That's in addition to your own individual cost of a hotel room for one or two nights if you want to stay. There are also plans for a curry on the Friday night so please mention if you will be joining in.
The meeting, as always, will be pretty informal though I do plan to have some recent games written by Tricky, jbnbeeb and myself (and anyone else!) out for play testing. There is the possibility of hiring extra tables so there should be room for a lot of interesting things to be done so please let me know in this thread if you will be bringing something or if there is something in particular you'd like to see.
There are limited spaces available so please post in this thread and send me a direct PM/email to check availability and have your name added to the list. It would be useful if anyone who attended the first meeting could let me know if they won't be coming.
- sydney (Simon) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday
- Arcadian (Dave) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday
- leenew (Lee) PAID Arriving Saturday, leaving Saturday
- hiddenevil (James)Arriving Saturday, leaving Saturday
- flaxcottage (John) PAID Arriving Saturday, leaving Saturday
- Prime (Phill) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday
- danielj (Daniel) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
- IanS (Ian) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
- daveejhitchins (Dave) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
- Dave Footitt (Dave) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday
- Gar2293 (Gary) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
- jbnbeeb (Jason) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Sunday Morning
- jgharston (Jonathan) PAID
- retroclinic (Mark)
- flynnjs (Jason) Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
- Beebmaster (Ian) PAID Arriving Friday evening, leaving Saturday evening
FRIDAY NIGHT CURRY (Time & Venue TBA, Halifax Town Centre):
- Samwise (Peter)
- CMcDougall (Colin)
Arcadian (Dave), IanS, Sydney (Simon), Dave Footitt (Dave), daveejhitchins (Dave), danielj (Daniel), jbnbeeb (Jason), Gar2293 (Gary), flynnjs (Jason) ... any more?