ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - NOW FULL

threads for previous physical ABug events
User avatar
z0m8ied0g
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by z0m8ied0g » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:33 am

I think that my better half will be coming for the weekend as well.
Acorn... lots of Acorn... http://blog.retroacorn.net

thearttrooper
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 am
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by thearttrooper » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:33 am

Please add me to the event.

I will be there Friday through Sunday.

Happy to share a table - I won't have too much kit (Master, CUB (or LCD) and laptop).

User avatar
flynnjs
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by flynnjs » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:51 pm

I booked a room (a couple of days ago with the sale code :mrgreen: ) so I'd like a full table to put all my test/repair gear on, please.

thanks,
Jason
Last edited by flynnjs on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jubber
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by jubber » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi - I'd like to come along. Don't know if I'll be staying over, but I'd certainly like to attend one of the days. It was nice meeting a bunch of Acorn enthusiasts last time - I'd like to see how all the crazy projects are progressing.

Cheers,

Robin

User avatar
BigEd
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am
Location: West
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by BigEd » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:58 am

Count me in for three days please!

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by JudgeBeeb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:45 pm

jubber wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi - I'd like to come along. Don't know if I'll be staying over, but I'd certainly like to attend one of the days. It was nice meeting a bunch of Acorn enthusiasts last time - I'd like to see how all the crazy projects are progressing.

Cheers,

Robin
I've just seen the video. It would be great if you could bring a Vectrex along and a copy of Player 2.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
Elminster
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by Elminster » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:14 pm

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:45 pm
jubber wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi - I'd like to come along. Don't know if I'll be staying over, but I'd certainly like to attend one of the days. It was nice meeting a bunch of Acorn enthusiasts last time - I'd like to see how all the crazy projects are progressing.

Cheers,

Robin
I've just seen the video. It would be great if you could bring a Vectrex along and a copy of Player 2.
Ditto. Watched it while cooking dinner. Fish and chips. Also interested. First Vectrex I saw was BigEds at Hampshire a couple of years ago.

User avatar
BigEd
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am
Location: West
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by BigEd » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:49 pm

But this will be a working Vectrex!! (I can always bring mine again if anyone fancies a bit of mixed-signal debugging with some HT nearby. I reckon the digital section is fine, so something's wrong with the tube, or the HT, or the analogue output stuff.)

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 8340
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by danielj » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Do you want me to bring the "Discharge Screwdriver <tm>"?

d.

User avatar
BigEd
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am
Location: West
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by BigEd » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Won't do any harm!

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm

As can be seen, we now have 30 names down for the event. Last time, we had about that number attend and there was plenty of space for everyone (a big change from some venues). However, the problem now is we actually don't have sufficient tables to accommodate more people. (And I will be very grateful if anyone who has some folding tables could bring them along.)

As there will likely be people dropping out at the last minute, I will be accepting names onto a reserve list.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
1024MAK
Posts: 10230
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:46 pm
Location: Looking forward to summer in Somerset, UK...
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by 1024MAK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:20 pm

danielj wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:53 pm
Do you want me to bring the "Discharge Screwdriver <tm>"?
Arc, that‘ll be fine :lol:

Mark

Revaldinho
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by Revaldinho » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Please add me to the reserve list. I'd come Friday night and stay through to Sunday if a slot opens up.

Rich

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Revaldinho wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:49 pm
Please add me to the reserve list. I'd come Friday night and stay through to Sunday if a slot opens up.
You are now added to my reserve list.

Unfortunately, I am unable to edit the list at the top of this thread. When I click on submit, I get this:

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 9.12.37 pm.png

1024MAK (or any of the other admins), do you know what the problem is?
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?


User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Elminster wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:22 pm
I expect the column holding each post is limited to around 8000 characters at the DB level.
I thought something like that might be the case, but it will not let me even save an edit that consists of just deleting some characters.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:26 pm

And I am unable to edit other posts in this thread either.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
Elminster
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by Elminster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Possibly something to do with the subject line. If you make it shorter does that make a difference?

User avatar
Elminster
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by Elminster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Yep. I can't edit posts in this topic either. So possible subject length as you recently made that longer, but if you cant edit it then might need a db admin to sort, as in Daniel.

User avatar
danielj
Posts: 8340
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by danielj » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:10 pm

I can't get it to change either - I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I'm a bit loathed to actually delve into the database itself as my "untanglemysqlmess" skills aren't very high... Let me do some googling.

edit: Grumpy extension. Disabled it. Behaving now :)

d.

User avatar
Elminster
Posts: 4246
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 am
Location: Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by Elminster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:22 pm

=D>

I was about to say looks like the default code was varchar(100), and wondered if that had been increased but not increased somewhere else. But you already fixed it.

Edit: Yep edit works for me to.

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks guys. All working again now.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
roland
Posts: 4000
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm
Location: Born (NL)
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by roland » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm

I will not attend this meeting but if you also want name badges for this meeting then I am happy to make them. I will send a PDF or OpenDocument to Robert (or somebody else) who can print and cut them. Jason has badge holders from the previous ABUG that can (probably) be reused.

For me these badges were a great help for recognizing StarDot members.
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:49 pm

roland wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm
I will not attend this meeting but if you also want name badges for this meeting then I am happy to make them. I will send a PDF or OpenDocument to Robert (or somebody else) who can print and cut them. Jason has badge holders from the previous ABUG that can (probably) be reused.

For me these badges were a great help for recognizing StarDot members.
That would be really nice if you could do this. I assume that it wouldn't take you so long as you have already done most of the work from last time.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
roland
Posts: 4000
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm
Location: Born (NL)
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by roland » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:19 am

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:49 pm
I assume that it wouldn't take you so long as you have already done most of the work from last time.
That's why I offered this :lol:
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:

User avatar
jbnbeeb
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:16 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by jbnbeeb » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 am

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:49 pm
roland wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:14 pm
I will not attend this meeting but if you also want name badges for this meeting then I am happy to make them. I will send a PDF or OpenDocument to Robert (or somebody else) who can print and cut them. Jason has badge holders from the previous ABUG that can (probably) be reused.

For me these badges were a great help for recognizing StarDot members.
That would be really nice if you could do this. I assume that it wouldn't take you so long as you have already done most of the work from last time.
Yes I can bring the badge holders and straps along.
..I'll be at the Virtual Acorn meetup for Cambridge Computer Museum May 16th 2020

User avatar
z0m8ied0g
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by z0m8ied0g » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:36 pm

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm
As can be seen, we now have 30 names down for the event. Last time, we had about that number attend and there was plenty of space for everyone (a big change from some venues). However, the problem now is we actually don't have sufficient tables to accommodate more people. (And I will be very grateful if anyone who has some folding tables could bring them along.)
I have 2 large foldable tables in my van that I can bring if that helps.
Acorn... lots of Acorn... http://blog.retroacorn.net

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 pm

z0m8ied0g wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:36 pm
I have 2 large foldable tables in my van that I can bring if that helps.
Thank you. That would be of great assistance.

We were very much dependent on people bringing some tables last time and I will be putting out a further plea for tables nearer the time.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

User avatar
mattyj
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:17 am
Location: South West - Bristol
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by mattyj » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:11 pm

I’ll also bring my own table along.

User avatar
JudgeBeeb
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:56 pm
Contact:

Re: ABUG SOUTH 22 to 24 November 2019 - NOW FULL - but accepting names for reserve list

Post by JudgeBeeb » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 pm

mattyj wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:11 pm
I’ll also bring my own table along.
Thanks
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

Post Reply

Return to “past physical ABug events”