Amateur Programmers

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
dnichola

Amateur Programmers

Post by dnichola » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:54 pm

I guess that many people who use this web site like me used to write their own programs and games at home.

None of mine were good enough to publish (I did send a couple to Electron User but they were rejected) but I'm proud of them all the same.

I was wondering if there's a website where amateur programmers like myself can share their home written software?

alchresearch

Post by alchresearch » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Probably the 8BS.COM PD library would be a good place to start.
Andy Davis.

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:35 pm

Dan,

Finally, I've uploaded your stuff (check the news page!)

Thanks again for choosing to share everything, and for all the effort you put into the documentation and ensuring compatibility with BeebEm, ElectrEm etc ! :D

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 am

lookin forward to the Beastie Boys game :D

PS you gotta fight, for the right... to Party! 8)
ImageImageImage

frutbunn

Post by frutbunn » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:48 pm

The supermarket game is class!

You know, this would make a cool screen-saver!

Update: I named my supermarket after our local "ASDA", but considering 37 customers spent £10,347.93, maybe I should've named it after our local "Sainsbury's"! This really would make a good screen-saver!

Update2: Everything is going wrong, Wednesday and only £164.19 taken at the tills so far - cheap-flints! :-)

johncummins

Post by johncummins » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:28 am

these games are pretty good! better than i could write!

Cybershark

Post by Cybershark » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:46 pm

quite the treasure trove there. like a long lost PD disc - very professionally put together :D

the Invatron room demo looks most tantalising so far - not tried the editor yet. looks rather Codename Droid-ish 8)

garfield

Post by garfield » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:39 pm

Cybershark wrote:quite the treasure trove there. like a long lost PD disc - very professionally put together :D

the Invatron room demo looks most tantalising so far - not tried the editor yet. looks rather Codename Droid-ish 8)
Yeah, the Invatron 2 stuff was quite good looking! It would be cool to see this game finished out.

You could see a real progression in programming skill from the early stuff on the disc to the later stuff. Nice one!

dnichola

Cheers

Post by dnichola » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 pm

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I'm dead chuffed. I was in two minds about putting this together as I didn't think my old programs would generate much interest.

I was thinking about finishing Invatron 2. I've still got the source code and sprite files. However, I can't remember what the game was meant to be about but it was definitely heavily influenced by Codename Droid. If I ever finish this I'll pass it on to Dave.

By the way, over £10,000 in the supermarket is definitely a record (unless you've opened this in Knightsbridge). I should have included a high score table.

Cheers everyone.